The England Thread

Pilko

Ronaldo is spot on. It's just cool to hate on English players.

That captain their sides to two consecutive European trophies.

Same old story. Scratch around a second-rate league where nobody can see you spray balls about and score your 3 goals a season. Much better for your perception.

The only thing holding England back is getting that front 3 sorted. Get Walcott, Rooney and Sturridge working togther and Lampard, Gerrard and Wilshere behind them is fine.

You don't need Lampard and Gerrard in the same team, one or the other would be fine. They just cancel each other out IMO.

Totally different players now. The midfield is not the problem with England and hasn't been for a while.

The balance of the team is the problem. Lampard and Gerrard in the same team throws it out of kilter, especially in international football which is played in hotter climates and on bigger pitches.

Genuinely not sure if serious. I can only assume Ronny failed to watch Italy at the Euros or Juve at all of recent. Obviously Chelsea's UEFA Cup win was a big thing, especially when he was captain because of pure circumstance (not that it matters, stick it in anyway).

Die in wool old Blue Ronny. Disappointing.

At their peak they're different players and it could be argued either way btw.

Deuce has been watching loads of Serie A while not watching much of the EPL at all. Kudos.

Proffers a wildly outrageous opinion, for which he is criticized by all. Takes a pot-shot at the American, because derp and ENGURRLAND.

Pirlo's a very good footballer and at his best he was great. Xavi he ain't.

As I said, Lampard's made a bigger contribution to his side.

Club side more than likely, international side not at all for me.

Lampard brings things that Pirlo doesn't, and there's definitely an argument to be made for him to get the nod in certain sides like. Pirlo is f***ing magic though, he has dreamy hair as well.

I honestly don't think I'd have him in any side ahead of Pirlo. He certainly brings goals, but Pirlo dictates tempo, and runs games. He's immense basically.

If your team is lacking attacking movement and goals in midfield then I'd take Lampard ahead of Pirlo, depends on what you have and need really. They're completely different midfielders so they're not necessarily interchangeable.

I'd take Lampard over Pirlo at Newcastle any day of the week.

Lampard has the edge in goals certainly but in his ten years at AC pirlo won an absolute shed load and I'd argue he was a massive contributor.

I'd also argue he played a huge part in Juve's latest title wins.

True but there are more ball playing replacement types than Lampard types for me. Plus swap the pair and Chelsea would be worser off for it purely in style terms during that period IMO.

Lampard is a far, far better Nolan RE: the above.

As if that bit is even vaguely up for debate.

Lampard wouldn't get chances at Newcastle. Pirlo would provide chances for the players we already have.

Fair point. Lampard's got a horrible record of creating chances for others. Only the 2nd best in Premier League history.

He's played in some god-awful teams with Chelsea. Been a man alone adrift in a sea of dross, hasn't he. Those shite Chelsea sides over the years...amazing that he's accomplished so much without any good players around him.

Newcastle is a shit example for anything like as we're fucking awful awful at everything but aye :lol: I'm just making the point that they're completely different players who will bring a completely different tool set to whichever side they play for. Pirlo is undoubtedly the more talented footballer like, and as mentioned earlier, he really does have dreamy hair.