The England Thread

Pilko

Rooney has to show up this year, but past tournaments say it's unlikely he will. 10 years since that breakthrough tournament where he looked unplayable.

Isn't this pretty much the first time since 2004 that Rooney has been in decent form and injury free before the tournament? Suppose 2010 (or was it Euro 2012? God, my memory is always wank when it comes to these things), but then he was suspended for the first two games, and there was a lot of talk about not even bringing him, and when he did get to play he just looked desperate.

I like Wilshere, I just want to see a player that's raw running at people. I love that about tournaments, seeing players like Gazza, Owen, Rooney at their early stages just not giving a fuck and going for it.

I'm not saying he's on that level, I'm just saying that he's got that attitude about him that Gazza kept but Owen and Rooney lost. I thought it would have ended up being Carroll, but nevermind.

this is exactly how i feel about barkley and sums up what i've been trying to say about him for ages in this thread, needs to start games from the off to see if he steps up and has a great tournament

one things for sure he won't do it if he's not played

We will top our group. Less sure of winning the trophy, I think it's Brazil or Argentinas.

It's a toss-up between you and the Italians, imo. And it'll probably come down to which team can cope with the heat better. Italy does have a tougher schedule too.

Don't mind what happens as long as Hodgson sets up with the intention to attack and utilise the new found pace and dynamism in the squad. Can't be doing with another showing like against Italy in the Euros; hanging on only to fuck up penalties anyway.