The England Thread

Pilko

Guest neesy111

henrywinter: Second wind....England Band lost sponsor but still going to Brazil. FA working to persuade World Cup organisers to let trumpets into grounds

:anguish:

henrywinter: Second wind....England Band lost sponsor but still going to Brazil. FA working to persuade World Cup organisers to let trumpets into grounds

:anguish:

FFS, Keeps those wankers out of the World Cup. That one game they were banned at Euro 2012 was bliss.

Guest VanBarduck

In 66, Real Madrid won the Champion's League, Atlético won La Liga, and England won the...

Just a little thing going on in France  :lol: :lol:

Guest VanBarduck

In 66, Real Madrid won the Champion's League, Atlético won La Liga, and England won the...

And Austria won Eurovision Song Contest ;)

:yao:

Guest TruToon94

Milner, Wellbeck and Smalling all in squad.  FFS how embarrassing. Possibly the worst England squad we've had in a while. Such a dearth of English talent at the moment.

I just know we'll get there, Rooney won't ever be dropped despite the fact that he just doesn't perform on the international level. Gerrard and Lampard will fizzle as usual and it'll be another disappointing summer. Only difference this time might just be that we won't make it through the group stage.

Milner, Wellbeck and Smalling all in squad.  FFS how embarrassing. Possibly the worst England squad we've had in a while. Such a dearth of English talent at the moment.

I just know we'll get there, Rooney won't ever be dropped despite the fact that he just doesn't perform on the international level. Gerrard and Lampard will fizzle as usual and it'll be another disappointing summer. Only difference this time might just be that we won't make it through the group stage.

Its not even the worst squad in two years, OTT reactions are the best though.

What a load of blah.

Looking at what is available I think that squad is as good as I could've hoped being picked with my only real question mark is Smalling but I guess he is the one who RH sees as covering RB as well as CH...

Guest TruToon94

Its not even the worst squad in two years, OTT reactions are the best though.

I'm talking about in terms of the World Cup squads, I should have clarified. There's no way this could be considered a stronger squad than the 2002,, 2006 or 2010 squads. 

Looking at what is available I think that squad is as good as I could've hoped being picked with my only real question mark is Smalling but I guess he is the one who RH sees as covering RB as well as CH...

Smalling's alright, he's not blowing anyone away but he competently covers those positions you mention.

What a load of blah.

Could you not have found a better word, like? Bollocks or utter shite to give you two examples.

I think the squad's relatively exciting, myself. Intrigued to see how some of our young attacking talent performs on the big stage. I'm certainly more interested than I have been for a long, long time. Fancy Sterling to really make a big name for himself too.

This is the first time in a long time we actually look like we may have a group of players who can actually work together. Potentially 4 of the front 6 have just lost out on the league title on the last day of the season (obviously the most important player of that is missing like.) The fact it isn't full of overhyped and 'undropable' egos is a good thing.