Season ticket renewals

Dave

i've already renewed,  had planned on waiting till something happened although was always getting my ticket but as me and the lads i go with are dotted around the ground we have took the opportunity to get seats together in the gallowgate, hopefully the corner as we were in "the corner" when we won promotion under KK!!  Hopefully we'll get a repeat.......

I'm still bemused as to why the hell anyone would choose to renew their s/t at this present time? Baffling.

Because it's the cheapest way of going to games that i intended to go to anyway.

Is there an offer on for renewing before the deadline?

I'm still bemused as to why the hell anyone would choose to renew their s/t at this present time? Baffling.

I have renewed because I support Newcastle United and I go to the match, pretty simple really.

Because it's the cheapest way of going to games that i intended to go to anyway.

Is there an offer on for renewing before the deadline?

Not that i know of. Personally, i'm on the 3 yr direct debit thing. I was just thinking of the difference between buying a S/T or paying for each game individually.

It's all very well and admirable saying you support the club, etc first and foremost. Don't we all? What that does though is sustain the culture of how the club is ran. As long as the cash keeps on rolling in every summer, NOTHING has to change. Newcastle United will remain as a cash cow for whoever happens to own it.

Guest fraser

What troubles me is that I've just come in from work and sat down to pay for the season tickets (last day and all that) only to find the system is closed for essential maintenance. This club makes me smile.

Guest fading star

It's all very well and admirable saying you support the club, etc first and foremost. Don't we all? What that does though is sustain the culture of how the club is ran. As long as the cash keeps on rolling in every summer, NOTHING has to change. Newcastle United will remain as a cash cow for whoever happens to own it.

They don’t understand, not understanding is what they do.

Ok, so the way forward is to not pay our ticket money, not go and support the team and that way things will change?

I can think of a few things that would change if that happened, the main one being the lack of a club to go and support. 

Guest Roger Kint

Ok, so the way forward is to not pay our ticket money, not go and support the team and that way things will change?

I can think of a few things that would change if that happened, the main one being the lack of a club to go and support. 

To be fair people are saying hold off til Ashley is gone rather than not go.

I would actually expect a new owner to offer a good deal to entice fans back anyway so you will not lose out. As am on the 3 year up front deal its not my choice like.

I have spoken to a few mates who are season ticket holders who feel the same way as others on here and would be fairly happy for the club to go into administration in order to piss Ashley off leaving him with a few pennies in the pound to show for his investment.

That would leave the club open to be bought for a nominal fee by a new investor.  That could be Freddie or someone entirely new.  Personally I am not that happy at the thought of Shepherd coming back into the club, especially after the fiasco he reigned over last time he was in charge.

We need a total rebuild and maybe that does mean administration and a fresh start.

I do hope not though, it would be embarrassing for the fans and would put our clubs draw to incoming players on an all time low and let's face it the North East is not that great a draw for players when it is compared to our Nations glorious capital.  We have the highest draw in the area currently - still even in the Championship I am sure players would prefer to play for us than the other North East options.

I bought an extra one for my daughter next to me in what has now become the family enclosure  to save myself a hundred quid.

If she goes to the first game doesn't like it and never goes again i'm still a hundred quid better off than if i'd not got her one.

I bought an extra one for my daughter next to me in what has now become the family enclosure  to save myself a hundred quid.

If she goes to the first game doesn't like it and never goes again i'm still a hundred quid better off than if i'd not got her one.

Whats the age up to?

Got a 10 yr old laddy who might want to go with (lasses cousin)

I was told by my mate, who plays golf with the guy that works on the ground staff team at Benton (I know!!!!) that there is about 11k people on the three year scheme that automatically renew and approx a further 10k people have returned their forms to renew making approx 21k season tickets sold so far, not great but, obviously not 100% guaranteed to be the positive truth.

To be honest, the ticket office are probably still working through renewals so the true figure is probably no known.

Whats the age up to?

It's up to 18.

Mines only 6 and she's all excited about the idea of going to the match with me without really having any idea about it at all. She asked me what i thought she should wear  and whether she'd need to buy a black and white strip.

Whats the age up to?

It's up to 18.

Mines only 6 and she's all excited about the idea of going to the match with me without really having any idea about it at all. She asked me what i thought she should wear  and whether she'd need to buy a black and white strip.

:smitten:

Aww bless her.

Can't wait to take me laddy to the games, got to be ST holder by then, he's only 3 this month though, think 6 is a great age to start though.

I was told by my mate, who plays golf with the guy that works on the ground staff team at Benton (I know!!!!) that there is about 11k people on the three year scheme that automatically renew and approx a further 10k people have returned their forms to renew making approx 21k season tickets sold so far, not great but, obviously not 100% guaranteed to be the positive truth.

To be honest, the ticket office are probably still working through renewals so the true figure is probably no known.

That sounds very close to the truth to me.

Last year when they reduced the prices and reclassified parts of the ground so nearly everyone got some sort of refund i had to wait ages for mine (£136 so not to be sniffed at) and went into the ticket office a few times chasing it. The lad in the ticket office said to me then that we had 12K on the 3 year scheme and 35K ST holders in total to sort out which was why it was taking so long.

21K renewals in total including the 3 year people sounds about right imho.

Would be amazed if it was 29K prior to any takeover.

Last year when they reduced the prices and reclassified parts of the ground so nearly everyone got some sort of refund i had to wait ages for mine (£136 so not to be sniffed at) and went into the ticket office a few times chasing it. The lad in the ticket office said to me then that we had 12K on the 3 year scheme and 35K ST holders in total to sort out which was why it was taking so long.

Ok, that makes the story quite plausable then.  If we had 12k on three year deals and we know that a good number have cancelled their direct debits then 11k on automatic renewal makes sense.

Need that take over to go through to spur some of you late renewers to get cracking!!  I would hate the first home game of the season to be watched by anything less than 40k people!

Ok, that makes the story quite plausable then.  If we had 12k on three year deals and we know that a good number have cancelled their direct debits then 11k on automatic renewal makes sense.

Need that take over to go through to spur some of you late renewers to get cracking!!  I would hate the first home game of the season to be watched by anything less than 40k people!

I'll be surprised if we have many gates over 40K mind, especially if we don't get off to a flying start.

Gates of around the 30K are optomistic imho.