Season ticket renewals

Dave

Guest fading star

You won’t need a ST to go to games next season… so what is the real reason you're renewing?

It’s a question of trust. If you pay on a match by match basis you retain some influence over events. Buying a ST leaves you impotent. Do you trust Ashley?

i'm not renewing until ashley has left, simple as that

:clap:

People who renew while Ashley is still in charge are propping up his regime, giving him more time to screw us over. Buying a ST in the current circumstances will do more harm than good.

Mmm? Not sure about that. I would think any potential buyer of NUFC would be encouraged by healthy season ticket sales and the incoming revenue that comes with it.

If the club isn't going to go down the financial pan, it needs money to come in. I can understand the reluctance to back Ashley in any way however.

I prefer to think that by renewing, i'm backing the club and not Ashley. Hopefully that club will be around long after Ashley's gone.

I understand your POV but the time has long gone for pissing around with half measures and compromise.

Ashley won’t willingly sell the club at it’s market value. His hand will have to be forced. Are we going to fight for the future of our club, or just hand over our cash like nowt’s happened?

I'm renewing my season ticket because i enjoy going to games, as poor as we are at the moment. To not go would be to deprive myself more than anyone. What happens when/if we become a half decent premiership club again? Do i just turn up at the games, as you say, like nowt's happened? As for the future of the club, there might not be a future if it's skint.

Couldnt agree more with this, yes i dont like the idea of Ashley getting my cash but im paying for it because i love my club, when my love stops so will my season ticket.

Guest fading star

People who renew while Ashley is still in charge are propping up his regime, giving him more time to screw us over. Buying a ST in the current circumstances will do more harm than good.

Mmm? Not sure about that. I would think any potential buyer of NUFC would be encouraged by healthy season ticket sales and the incoming revenue that comes with it.

If the club isn't going to go down the financial pan, it needs money to come in. I can understand the reluctance to back Ashley in any way however.

I prefer to think that by renewing, i'm backing the club and not Ashley. Hopefully that club will be around long after Ashley's gone.

I understand your POV but the time has long gone for pissing around with half measures and compromise.

Ashley won’t willingly sell the club at it’s market value. His hand will have to be forced. Are we going to fight for the future of our club, or just hand over our cash like nowt’s happened?

I'm renewing my season ticket because i enjoy going to games, as poor as we are at the moment. To not go would be to deprive myself more than anyone. What happens when/if we become a half decent premiership club again? Do i just turn up at the games, as you say, like nowt's happened? As for the future of the club, there might not be a future if it's skint.

Couldnt agree more with this, yes i dont like the idea of Ashley getting my cash but im paying for it because i love my club, when my love stops so will my season ticket.

Short sighted, self indulgent nonsense. 

just spoke to the box office, even though I was signed up on the 3 year Direct Debit Scheme they haven't been taking the direct debit payments so I've got to pay for both tickets in full.

The words Useless and Bastards come to mind!

Theyre just trying it on. The three year deal was sold as the cheapest way to get a ticket, but this ceased to be true when they announced the price cuts back in Jan/Feb. The sales brochure also heavily featured both Keegan and Mort. In short, the three year deal was almost certainly mis-sold. And by failing to take out payments on the agreed dates theyve probably broken the terms of the contract.

Lots of supporters have cancelled their three year deals, theres no reason why you shouldnt. Dont let them push you about. Give them hell.

They haven't said anything about still being tied in to the 3 year deal, regardless I would be buying my season tickets anyway.

"Newcastle is for Life, not just the Premier League"

Random change of subject, loving your boxer.

Doesn't sound to me like they have plans to close half the stadium then.

On my renewal letter it categorically states that Level 7 will be closed for Cup Games and Away fans will be house in the level 2 and level 4 corner of the Leazes/Milburn stand.

Didn't really read much of mine to be honest. I glanced at it to see if there was anything I needed to do but there wasn't so they could have saved themselves money and not bothered posting me anything as I have already paid for my ticket for 3 years.

You won’t need a ST to go to games next season… so what is the real reason you're renewing?

It’s a question of trust. If you pay on a match by match basis you retain some influence over events. Buying a ST leaves you impotent. Do you trust Ashley?

I signed up for the direct debit scheme, knowing that i'd want to go to the games anyway. This was the cheapest option.

I don't trust Ashley, but hopefully he'll be gone soon.

Oh, and by the way, anyone who pays on a match by match basis will be giving him even more money than they would have if they'd bought a season ticket. I don't think paying on a match by match basis is any real protest. I could understand if you were going to stay away from the games.

Guest fading star

I signed up for the direct debit scheme, knowing that i'd want to go to the games anyway. This was the cheapest option.

Oh, and by the way, anyone who pays on a match by match basis will be giving him even more money than they would have if they'd bought a season ticket. I don't think paying on a match by match basis is any real protest. I could understand if you weren't going to stay away from the games.

And if he isn’t? What if he stays and carries on treating the club shit, what are you going to do about it? Nothing seems to be the answer.

Oh, and by the way, anyone who pays on a match by match basis will be giving him even more money than they would have if they'd bought a season ticket. I don't think paying on a match by match basis is any real protest. I could understand if you weren't going to stay away from the games.

And if he isn’t? What if he stays and carries on treating the club s***, what are you going to do about it? Nothing seems to be the answer.

Paying for each match separately would give more money to Ashley.

Is there any way I can renew my season ticket and pay for it in installments or later on without having to pay any extra? I'm not currently working but got a job interview coming up and I'm hoping to get a job before the season starts so I'm still hopeful but I'm not sure about being able to stump up the £400 before August with all of the things I have to pay for and money I owe. I've sene something about a Newcastle United credit card where you don't have to pay until Febuary but I don't bother with credit cards like really. Is that the only option?

Guest fading star

just spoke to the box office, even though I was signed up on the 3 year Direct Debit Scheme they haven't been taking the direct debit payments so I've got to pay for both tickets in full.

The words Useless and Bastards come to mind!

They’re just trying it on. The three year deal was sold as the cheapest way to get a ticket, but this ceased to be true when they announced the price cuts back in Jan/Feb. The sales brochure also heavily featured both Keegan and Mort. In short, the three year deal was almost certainly mis-sold. And by failing to take out payments on the agreed dates they’ve probably broken the terms of the contract.

Lots of supporters have cancelled their three year deals, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t. Don’t let them push you about. Give them hell.

They haven't said anything about still being tied in to the 3 year deal, regardless I would be buying my season tickets anyway.

"Newcastle is for Life, not just the Premier League"

“look at me, look at me. I’d buy a season ticket off mike if he pissed on my face, that’s how loyal I am”

Guest fading star

And if he isn’t? What if he stays and carries on treating the club s***, what are you going to do about it? Nothing seems to be the answer.

Paying for each match separately would give more money to Ashley.

Only if you blindly turn up no matter what happens, which would defeat the object of not renewing.

What if he stays and carries on treating the club like s***, what are you going to do about it?

Letting him drive away the supporters is letting him win. I'll be at St James' Park long after Mike Ashley has walked away (hopefully into the path of oncoming traffic) and I'll be damned if I'm going to let that scumbag stop me doing something I love.

Guest fading star

Here we go again, another variation of the uber fan speech.

I’ll ask the question again, what are you going to do if Ashey stays and carries on treating the club like shit?

Here we go again, another variation of the uber fan speech.

I’ll ask the question again, what are you going to do if Ashey stays and carries on treating the club like shit?

:rolleyes:

Aye I'm an uberfan because I'd rather go down the pub then go and watch my team of a Saturday than stay in the house or go down the shops. I don't put any money into NUFC other than match tickets and I didn't under Shepherd either but I won't let them drive me away. If that makes me an uberfan then so be it. I'd rather be that than stopping in watching X-Factor tbh.

Whether I'm there or not will make sod all difference to a man like Mike Ashley, he's made it perfectly clear that he doesn't give a fuck what the fans think anyway.

Guest fading star

Question dodging at it’s worst.

You say you’ll be at SJP long after Ashley has gone, but if he doesn’t sell there’s every chance NUFC will cease to exist over the next year or two. What you going to do then Wullie?

Question dodging at it’s worst.

You say you’ll be at SJP long after Ashley has gone, but if he doesn’t sell there’s every chance NUFC will cease to exist over the next year or two. What you going to do then Wullie?

:lol:

But if I give up my season ticket, he's immediately going to take the club down the car boot sale and see if he can get a ton for it is he?

Guest fading star

The only thing Ashley listens to is money. If you don’t renew you retain some influence over events, However if you renew Ashley holds all the cards for the next 12 months. After what we’ve seen over the last two years giving up your only effective form of protest is lunacy.

I'm going to do what i enjoy, and carry on watching my team. When i no longer enjoy going to the games i'll stop. As i've said, i believe we're  more attractive to a prospective buyer when they can see some money coming into the club through attendances. They might see that the club has some potential.

Anyway, it sounds like you still intend to pay your money on match days. What are YOU going to do about the situation. At what point do you stop paying on the day and not turn up at all?

That should've said "WERE going to stay away" in my last post. Excuse my typo.

Guest fading star

It’s very simple. The importance of gate receipts is far more important in the championship. If we as supporters withdraw our custom Ashley will be forced to sell the club for what he can get. If we hand over a years worth of money now he’ll be free to do what he likes, which given his track record will surely be to fuck the club over.

By not renewing supporters can respond to events, at what point I’d withdraw my custom is hard to say but at least I won’t be impotent like you and Wullie.

It’s very simple. The importance of gate receipts is far more important in the championship. If we as supporters withdraw our custom Ashley will be forced to sell the club for what he can get. If we hand over a years worth of money now he’ll be free to do what he likes, which given his track record will surely be to fuck the club over.

By not renewing supporters can respond to events, at what point I’d withdraw my custom is hard to say but at least I won’t be impotent like you and Wullie.

I can't stand Ashley and I can see the principle of not renewing, but in the scenario you mentioned Ashley would still be losing money hand over fist.

It’s very simple. The importance of gate receipts is far more important in the championship. If we as supporters withdraw our custom Ashley will be forced to sell the club for what he can get. If we hand over a years worth of money now he’ll be free to do what he likes, which given his track record will surely be to f*** the club over.

Fair enough i can see your point about fewer renewals maybe forcing a quicker/cheaper sale. What i can't understand however, is that despite telling us not to buy season tickets, you will continue to pay on match day. I don't see how that is going to force his hand, because you'll pay more to see games than us. If you really want to hit him in the pocket then surely you have to stay away.

What you do with your season ticket has virtually no impact on the sale of the club, a process which is clearly well underway already.

It would take 120 fans to hold on to their cash to have the same impact at Alan Smith staying at the club for another week. Drop in the ocean stuff.

I don't see how Ashley will 'fuck us over' given that pretty much every penny of season ticket money will be working its way out to our wonderfully talented playing staff.

If you want to force the club into administration, fine. But given Ashley will sell (probably for less than what he wants) then I'd rather have a sensibly worked out sale process (at least sensible from the bidders, clearly not the club) than a panic-stations administration sale, replete with hasty player departures and -10 in the points column.