Paul Tisdale

James

If Shearer doesn't become manager, Ketsbaia and Martinez are now out of the picture, and I would still want us to go for someone up and coming.

He wouldn't have been ready for us if we were a PL club, but now we are a Championship Club, Paul Tisdale is the man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Tisdale

His teams play confident, attractive football despite not having the best players in the divisions/competitions they've been in. Players are also incredibly fit and is very telling come the end of the season, and he's pretty good with discipline too.

Aren't you the one that kept banging on about that Exeter manager a couple of years ago that went to Spurs?!

Guilty as charged :)

Fact is though that the current Exeter board have researched their managerial appointments extremely well and came up with two absolute gems.

Despite everything and whilst I'd definitely support us getting an hungry young manager over a has-been or never-was "experienced" manager, I still don't think we're in a position where we need to take such a punt. I actually think we could do better than Shearer if we really wanted to, especially if all the baggage associated with the current regime was gone.

I wanted Tisdale for us. I know for a fact that the prospective Southampton owners have attempted to get in negotiations with him, however.

Yeah, he used to play at youth level with Shearer for Southampton and England, but had similar PL experience as Jamie McClen did for us.

Aren't you the one that kept banging on about that Exeter manager a couple of years ago that went to Spurs?!

Fact is though that the current Exeter board have researched their managerial appointments extremely well and came up with two absolute gems.

Fuk him, i want the Exeter board.

It's a Supporters Trust without a penny between them, and a chairman called Denise. Are you sure? :razz:

It's a Supporters Trust without a penny between them, and a chairman called Denise. Are you sure? :razz:

Ashley or a bird called Denise...no brainer... :razz:

Edit: Seriously though, well done them for getting it right if what your relaying is true (not saying its not, just don't know the score myself)

Before the current lot, the old board included Michael Jackson, no wonder they got relegated.

Before the current lot, the old board included Michael Jackson, no wonder they got relegated.

Investing too heavily in youth?

Investing too heavily in youth?

Nah, he just ended up getting associated with the wrong people, in this case people now in jail for fraud for what they did at Exeter.

I'd like Steve Clarke to get a chance. If its true that he was calling a lot of the shots at Chelsea, it shows how highly he's rated. he's just waiting for the opportunity.

(only if shearer and ferguson dont work out though!!)