Lets all laugh at Sunderland !

Benwell Lad

Guest toonlass

Lets all laugh that they are playing in a better league, have better players, have better owner, have a manager, ... Yes Lets.

Aye but even so, they are still mackems

Guest wshmag

Lets all laugh that they are playing in a better league, have better players, have better owner, have a manager, ... Yes Lets.

exactly. sunderland are irrelevant to nufc now we are playing in different divisions.

i honestly couldn't give a fuck what sunderland do this term, who they buy, who they beat or who their manager is. it's about what newcastle united do.

but a thread like this? it's scraping the fucking barrell, and dragging us down to their level. let them have their moment to laugh at us. we did it to them, they're doing it to us.

the opening post on this thread was highly fucking embarrassing.

Guest ObaStar

exactly. sunderland are irrelevant to nufc now we are playing in different divisions.

i honestly couldn't give a f*** what sunderland do this term, who they buy, who they beat or who their manager is. it's about what newcastle united do.

but a thread like this? it's scraping the f***ing barrell, and dragging us down to their level. let them have their moment to laugh at us. we did it to them, they're doing it to us.

the opening post on this thread was highly f***ing embarrassing.

theyve spent like 50 mill + in the last 2 years to stay up and still barely did. if it wasnt for retard fat boy MA we'd still be in europe so. fuck the mackems

Guest Geordiesned

"Sunderland is keen to embrace the whole of North East England in its proposal, ensuring that as many places and people as possible across the region benefit from playing a part in the biggest sporting event in the world."

In other words, we know we've got no fucking chance of winning if we just post pictures of Sunderland as it's a shit hole so we thought we'd show you some beautiful sights north of the Tyne and pretend they are in Sunderland.

i honestly couldn't give a f*** what sunderland do this term, who they buy, who they beat or who their manager is. it's about what newcastle united do.

but a thread like this? it's scraping the f***ing barrell, and dragging us down to their level. let them have their moment to laugh at us. we did it to them, they're doing it to us.

theyve spent like 50 mill + in the last 2 years to stay up and still barely did. if it wasnt for retard fat boy MA we'd still be in europe so. f*** the mackems

Although the starting point - i.e. Ashley is a useless c*** - of this sentence is correct, you've taken a BIG leap to reach that conclusion...  ???

theyve spent like 50 mill + in the last 2 years to stay up and still barely did. if it wasnt for retard fat boy MA we'd still be in europe so. f*** the mackems

Although the starting point - i.e. Ashley is a useless c*** - of this sentence is correct, you've taken a BIG leap to reach that conclusion...  ???

No he hasn't, he's completely rewritten history

Guest toonlass

i honestly couldn't give a fuck what sunderland do this term, who they buy, who they beat or who their manager is. it's about what newcastle united do.

but a thread like this? it's scraping the fucking barrell, and dragging us down to their level. let them have their moment to laugh at us. we did it to them, they're doing it to us.

You really are a mackem WUM aren't you?

Guest ObaStar

its called artistic license

its called artistic license

More commonly referred to as bullshit

Everything he's saying is valid, to be fair.

If they are serious then there are lots of factors such as their crowd control. Somehow they've got away with any serious punishments despite allowing the unwashed past the advertising boards and onto the pitch during several games (England and Newcastle games to name just a few). FIFA would simply look at this and put a big cross against their name.

As for ground comparison, hasn't SJP now has the required number of hospitality facilites and are only failing due to the number of hotel rooms within a certain distance of the ground? I'm not an expert on the SOS but I doubt the mini SJP meets the requirements.

Everything he's saying is valid, to be fair.

Completely agree.

Guest wshmag

if you keep saying so, hinny.

Difference is, wshmag, when Sunderland have been relegated from the Premiership we've finished 2nd, 3rd & 7th. So we were in positions where we'd done well, so THEN could rip the piss out of them.

If we'd finished 16th & they'd came 18th, I'd certainly not have been laughing at them but more angry about our own season.

Guest wshmag

Difference is, wshmag, when Sunderland have been relegated from the Premiership we've finished 2nd, 3rd & 7th. So we were in positions where we'd done well, so THEN could rip the piss out of them.

If we'd finished 16th & they'd came 18th, I'd certainly not have been laughing at them but more angry out our own season.

which is fair enough.

but it doesn't change the fact that the opening post on this thread is a fucking howler.

Guest ObaStar

can we just close this thread now? by discussing that shit club, it puts us on level with their immature fans.

As someone who works in a place where it is an almost 50/50 Gerodie/Mackem split I can understand why this thread was started tbh as these past few weeks have been something else. Almost every Mackem to a man is so jubilant about our relegation that it is almost as if they have won the league or something. They never miss a single opportunity to tell you how shit Newcastle are. I can take it though, I just laugh it off and have a go back but I must stress to those who live elsewhere and never come accross a Mackem and their ways that they do very much exist and quite alot of us have to put up with them on a daily basis!  :lol:  I must admit there are however one or two sensible ones who realise that they were almost as shit as us last season.

I agree with most of the OP apart from us having bigger attendances next season than them.  I doubt it. I also think that they could be about to embark and a really good spell for them but it could just as easily turn out to be yet another false dawn tbh.

As someone who works in a place where it is an almost 50/50 Gerodie/Mackem split I can understand why this thread was started tbh as these past few weeks have been something else. Almost every Mackem to a man is so jubilant about our relegation that it is almost as if they have won the league or something. They never miss a single opportunity to tell you how shit Newcastle are. I can take it though, I just laugh it off and have a go back but I must stress to those who live elsewhere and never come accross a Mackem and their ways that they do very much exist and quite alot of us have to put up with them on a daily basis!  :lol:   I must admit there are however one or two sensible ones who realise that they were almost as shit as us last season.

I agree with most of the OP apart from us having bigger attendances next season than them.  I doubt it. I also think that they could be about to embark and a really good spell for them but it could just as easily turn out to be yet another false dawn tbh.

That's one thing I've said to a lot of them. Their expectations at the moment seem to be through the roof, but they need to remember exactly how lucky they were to survive last season and to be patient.

If we'd finished 16th & they'd came 18th, I'd certainly not have been laughing at them but more angry out our own season.

which is fair enough.

but it doesn't change the fact that the opening post on this thread is a f***ing howler.

You love defending Sunderland and seem to be irritated by what is just firing a few truths back at them.

The point of the OP is that it's actually funny (embarrassing) to see them celebrating what seems to be the biggest event in their history i.e. finishing 2 points above a woeful and shambolic Newcastle.

Added to that they've just hired a manager who is a Geordie and has spent the last decade telling the world he is a Newcastle fan - that's a lot funnier than a yellow change strip which caused such mirth amongst the inbreeds. Although it is quite funny.

It has then led on to the discussion about their embarrassing bid to host World Cup football, which is promoted by images of .... well anywhere but Sunderland it seems.

Personally I don't give a flying f@ck where world cup games are staged, England haven't even secured the tournament anyway, but the fraudulent manner in which they have gone about things is laughable - and even mackems must see that.

I would imagine FIFA will not see any credibility in Sunderland's bid, and when your chaiman lives in Morpeth (Northumberland), your manager in Ponteland on the north edge of Newcastle and no one connected to Sunderland football club wants to live in the hovvel, why should they ask foreign fans to go there ?

My Mackem-supporting friend probably represents a reasonable supporter: he is amused by Newcastle's demise, in his words "it's good for them to know what we have gone through", but ultimately knows that they weren't much better, and he concluded that Sunderland, Hull, Newcastle and Boro were all as bad as each other.

If ever the Premiership wanted an excuse to reduce the league from 20 to 18, it was in May. All of the bottom 5 were as bad as each other.

at least west brom tried to play football.

Guest ObaStar

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1706243,00.html

Angel Of The North Kicks Off World Cup Brand

FOLLOWING an announcement in May that NewcastleGateshead is to submit a bid to host World Cup Football in either 2018 or 2022, the brand identity for the NewcastleGateshead Candidate Host City bid is today unveiled.

The fresh-looking image shows an illustration of the Angel of the North kicking a football which arches over the River Tyne combining the iconic images associated with NewcastleGateshead.

The image will be highly visible during a six month campaign until the Football Association announces in December England's Candidate Host Cities and venues for the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup™ events.

Article continues>>

AdTech Ad

Developed in partnership, the NewcastleGateshead Candidate Host City bid is a collaboration between Newcastle City Council, Gateshead Council, NewcastleGateshead Initiative, Newcastle United Football Club and other partners.

The move is supported with a track record of an area used to handling large-scale events such as the Great North Run; the world's biggest half marathon with 54,000 runners; Euro 96; the Tall Ships Race, which saw over 1.5 million visitors in three days, along with stadium concerts.

This summer, the area will host the Aviva British Grand Prix athletics, England's largest fair, The Hoppings, along with many other high profile world-class events.

If the bid is successful, NewcastleGateshead will be beamed across the world to an estimated worldwide TV audience of 24 billion viewers in 240 countries.

The event will generate huge international interest in NewcastleGateshead bringing a positive economic contribution in the tourism sector estimated at £24.9million, with thousands of high-spending tourists visiting North East England during the month-long tournament giving a boost to tourism and business.

John Shipley, Leader of Newcastle City Council said: "Bidding for the World Cup is an opportunity to put the iconic cityscape of NewcastleGateshead on a world stage.It's a real chance to showcase our offering of sports stadia, training camps, conference and hotel facilities, and our road, rail, air and sea travel links to a global audience.

"NewcastleGateshead would be a wonderful location for World Cup matches.We are putting together a very strong bid.

"The economic benefit to Tyneside will be enormous.Matches would be beamed worldwide from St James' Park, giving us a massive opportunity to showcase our Host City."

A dedicated team of high-level Champions from across the region, led by Councillor Faulkner, Deputy Leader of Newcastle City Council, are being recruited to boost and endorse NewcastleGateshead's bid amongst businesses and through the media.

These will be supported by an operations group, led by Barry Rowland, acting Chief Executive of Newcastle City Council, drawn from across the 'twin cities' which will look at all aspects of the criteria for hosting the FIFA World Cup in Newcastle and Gateshead.

Alan Shearer, former Newcastle United and England captain, said: "Leading out England during the 1998 World Cup Finals in France was a great honour for me.

"To play in the biggest tournament of all is a dream for every footballer

"To see St. James' Park named as a World Cup venue for 2018 would be fantastic and fitting for such a great stadium.

"Fans coming to Newcastle for World Cup matches would be guaranteed the warmest of welcomes and be able to experience the passion we have for football here in the North East."

Leader of Gateshead Council Mick Henry said: "Gateshead and Newcastle have a proud record of hosting world-class events, which we're always keen to build upon and they don't come much bigger than World Cup football.

"If this bid is successful, and I firmly believe that our combination of superb facilities and huge passion is an unbeatable offer, the benefits to NewcastleGateshead will be enormous.The financial impact and the long term benefits from putting the area on the world stage will mean that it would be a guaranteed home win for Tyneside."

In a rally for people to back the bid, Andrew Dixon, Chief Executive of NewcastleGateshead Initiative said: "We are confident that people in the area will show support, there is no other region with such a sporting landscape and an inherent passion for football.

"We are asking everyone to help bring world-class football to England and the North East by visiting www.england2018bid.com and sign up for the NewcastleGateshead bid."

For business enquiries, please contact [email protected] and quote World Cup.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1706243,00.html

This summer, the area will host the Aviva British Grand Prix athletics, England's largest fair, The Hoppings, along with many other high profile world-class events.

If the bid is successful, NewcastleGateshead will be beamed across the world to an estimated worldwide TV audience of 24 billion viewers in 240 countries.

That's some estimate... give that man a promotion!