The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

What's the highest amount you lot have won from betting?

Zip..... but then I've also lost zip. I only ever 'bet' when I can influence the outcome.. it really is a mugs game.

Nonsense, it's only a mugs game if you make it a mugs game, plenty of people can and do make livings from it.

Probably the ones that can influence the outcome

Trying not to bet much at the moment, £1 on Millwall/Bristol R/Colchester/Brentford, Bristol already sodding it up.  ;D

Back on track now, come on Colchester.

Now shut up shop everyone. ;D

All this for a few quid, sad.

Oh ffs. ;D

Southend down to 10 men though...

Colchester jointly fucked it up anyway. Nevermind.

EDIT! Fucking Bristol Rovers scored man. Colchester officially on my hitlist.

Fucking handball equaliser by Wycombe  :angry:

Trying not to bet much at the moment, £1 on Millwall/Bristol R/Colchester/Brentford, Bristol already sodding it up.  ;D

Back on track now, come on Colchester.

Now shut up shop everyone. ;D

All this for a few quid, sad.

Oh ffs. ;D

Southend down to 10 men though...

Colchester jointly fucked it up anyway. Nevermind.

EDIT! Fucking Bristol Rovers scored man. Colchester officially on my hitlist.

Fucking handball equaliser by Wycombe  :angry:

Rotten bastards. That's the closest I've come in a while on an accumulator.

I've just put 25€ on ManU to win this... wonder if this will be the worst decision I've ever made.

Great I've done it. Saved a bit of the day. Still have to hope we'll win by more than 1 goal difference against Forest on Monday to make it a win for the weekend.

Time for the weekly Norwegian league update for madras. Not going too in depth this time.

(Odds are from Unibet at the time this is posted.)

Sunday 17pm kick-offs:

Aalesund - Stabæk

2.80 - 3.35 - 2.40

This is a tricky one, as Stabæk is one of the teams that will really be gunning for the title this season, and Aalesund is a team that will be happy just to be without a relegation battle. Though, Aalesund are the only team with two wins out of two matches so far and they are actually playing some good stuff. This is a match to include only if you need to beef up your acc, and I'd go with Aalesund dnb.

Lillestrøm - Hønefoss

1.47 - 4.00 - 7.00

Lillestrøm should walk this one. Hønefoss actually have a good team on paper, but they're "newly assembled" and don't really click yet. So Lillestrøm should be a safe bet.

Odd Grenland - FK Haugesund

1.50 - 3.85 - 6.80

Odd should win this. Haugesund have fought themselves to two good draws against teams that were believed to be a lot better. They're away from home though, and Odd are a canny team and could win this by more than one goal.

Strømsgodset - Viking

2.50 - 3.30 - 2.70

Hard to call. Strømsgodset are canny at home, Viking have a better team. Strømsgodset dnb could work, but as the Aalesund match it's not a safe bet and should only be included if you need to beef up an acc.

Tromsø - Kongsvinger

1.55 - 3.75 - 6.25

As every week, Kongsvinger are shit and will win no matches this season. True story. Tromsø takes this without having to fight for it.

Sunday 19pm kick-off:

Vålerenga - Rosenborg

3.25 - 3.35 - 2.15

Rosenborg should win this. They're the best team in the Norwegian league by a country mile, and even though they had some defensive issues last week against Start, they should be well up for this as there's few things sweeter for Rosenborg than beating Vålerenga. For people who have weak hearts Rosenborg dnb could be canny for you.

Monday 18pm kick-off:

Brann - Sandefjord

1.70 - 3.50 - 5.00

Brann wins. Easy as.

Acc suggestion:

Lillestrøm

Odd Grenland

Tromsø

Rosenborg dnb

£10 returns £52

Acc suggestion for more hardened gamblers:

Aalesund dnb

Rosenborg

Tromsø -1

Odd -1

£10 returns £226

so far for tomorrow i've went for ajaax and rubin kazan singles. hopefully to join them up with odd greenland and tromso (due to getting better odds taking singles at differing times and playing it that way on betfair)

maybe even have a small flutter on lillestrom/rosenborg if things went well in the 1-30 starts.

cheers Mr zero for the run down and backing up what i was thinking of doing.

Zip..... but then I've also lost zip. I only ever 'bet' when I can influence the outcome.. it really is a mugs game.

Nonsense, it's only a mugs game if you make it a mugs game, plenty of people can and do make livings from it.

i've been in profit the last 3 years.. after putting an original £25 into the account, which was then matched by the company, bet won, took out my original stake. since then i've took over £600 out and had to put £25 in.

£225 in the kitty now and i promise i wont take any out for holidays,xmas etc. this time till its really worth it.

i know people who have won a lot more....aswell as some who've lost a lot more but then, i'm a very conservative punter.

i've been in profit the last 3 years.. after putting an original £25 into the account, which was then matched by the company, bet won, took out my original stake. since then i've took over £600 out and had to put £25 in.

£225 in the kitty now and i promise i wont take any out for holidays,xmas etc. this time till its really worth it.

i know people who have won a lot more....aswell as some who've lost a lot more but then, i'm a very conservative punter.

Please post your bets prior to the games, i'm currently funding Mr Paddy Powers yacht.

Please post your bets prior to the games, i'm currently funding Mr Paddy Powers yacht.

i do post a few up. the thing is i usually stick to unexciting small price singles/doubles/trebles, usually with an option to lay in play to at least cover my stake.

Time for the weekly Norwegian league update for madras. Not going too in depth this time.

(Odds are from Unibet at the time this is posted.)

Sunday 17pm kick-offs:

Aalesund - Stabæk

2.80 - 3.35 - 2.40

This is a tricky one, as Stabæk is one of the teams that will really be gunning for the title this season, and Aalesund is a team that will be happy just to be without a relegation battle. Though, Aalesund are the only team with two wins out of two matches so far and they are actually playing some good stuff. This is a match to include only if you need to beef up your acc, and I'd go with Aalesund dnb.

Lillestrøm - Hønefoss

1.47 - 4.00 - 7.00

Lillestrøm should walk this one. Hønefoss actually have a good team on paper, but they're "newly assembled" and don't really click yet. So Lillestrøm should be a safe bet.

Odd Grenland - FK Haugesund

1.50 - 3.85 - 6.80

Odd should win this. Haugesund have fought themselves to two good draws against teams that were believed to be a lot better. They're away from home though, and Odd are a canny team and could win this by more than one goal.

Strømsgodset - Viking

2.50 - 3.30 - 2.70

Hard to call. Strømsgodset are canny at home, Viking have a better team. Strømsgodset dnb could work, but as the Aalesund match it's not a safe bet and should only be included if you need to beef up an acc.

Tromsø - Kongsvinger

1.55 - 3.75 - 6.25

As every week, Kongsvinger are shit and will win no matches this season. True story. Tromsø takes this without having to fight for it.

Sunday 19pm kick-off:

Vålerenga - Rosenborg

3.25 - 3.35 - 2.15

Rosenborg should win this. They're the best team in the Norwegian league by a country mile, and even though they had some defensive issues last week against Start, they should be well up for this as there's few things sweeter for Rosenborg than beating Vålerenga. For people who have weak hearts Rosenborg dnb could be canny for you.

Monday 18pm kick-off:

Brann - Sandefjord

1.70 - 3.50 - 5.00

Brann wins. Easy as.

Acc suggestion:

Lillestrøm

Odd Grenland

Tromsø

Rosenborg dnb

£10 returns £52

Acc suggestion for more hardened gamblers:

Aalesund dnb

Rosenborg

Tromsø -1

Odd -1

£10 returns £226

I've gone with £30 on the first acc and £15 on the second.

:lol: I echo the sentiment.

:lol: I echo the sentiment.

i do post quite a few and i never post about winning if i hadn;t posted them first.. the in play bit is key to this. you have a treble, the last part of which kicks off later...if the first 2 come up the i lay the last game to at least my stake. in many singles if my choice takes a lead, i'll lay to my stake so i cant lose.

I'm going to start playing more doubles and trebles, try and build funds slowly. Losing too much atm.

thats what i've done. i very rarely have any doubles above 2.5. it seems like nothing when betting £5 but i bet an average of 10% my kitty per bet. anything more than a treble and the cash comes down whereas some singles i'll increase it.