The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

I've not won for ages so took a few low bets to try and gain some money, even if it is pence, back.

Bari to beat Livorno at 11/5 (£1)

Napoli to beat Catania at 4/7 (£1)

Sampdoria to beat Cagliari at 8/13 (£1)

Rosenborg, Tromso, Odd Grenland and Lillestrom to win (£2)

Gefle and Malmo to draw at 21/10 (£1)

Esbjerg, Lokomotic Sofia and Dynamo Kiev treble (£1)

come on towelie...... Mr Zero has laid the benchmark for the info we are after.

saying that there's nothing in the seadish league i'm tempted with this weekend

Mate, the way my betting has been going the last month or so, you really don't want any tips from me. I've not really been following the Swedish league too much so far anyway to be honest.

I'm going to start playing more doubles and trebles, try and build funds slowly. Losing too much atm.

thats what i've done. i very rarely have any doubles above 2.5. it seems like nothing when betting £5 but i bet an average of 10% my kitty per bet. anything more than a treble and the cash comes down whereas some singles i'll increase it.

Cheers. Definite strategy change from me from today. Have to avoid my normal thought processes of "ok I want a treble... ah but they'll win too... and them" before I know it, I'm on a six fold and losing money (even today I went for a 4 when I intended a double).

Anyone know any websites giving odds for Wrestlemania? I really think Bret Hart can beat Vince.

Crazy as it sounds, there is a website doing it. 5dimes.com (but its American). If only there was a British one!

Anyone know any websites giving odds for Wrestlemania? I really think Bret Hart can beat Vince.

Crazy as it sounds, there is a website doing it. 5dimes.com (but its American). If only there was a British one!

I bet a stack of people called McMahon win big on this event.

I'm going to start playing more doubles and trebles, try and build funds slowly. Losing too much atm.

thats what i've done. i very rarely have any doubles above 2.5. it seems like nothing when betting £5 but i bet an average of 10% my kitty per bet. anything more than a treble and the cash comes down whereas some singles i'll increase it.

Cheers. Definite strategy change from me from today. Have to avoid my normal thought processes of "ok I want a treble... ah but they'll win too... and them" before I know it, I'm on a six fold and losing money (even today I went for a 4 when I intended a double).

Definitely the way to go. I've not done well recently but overall this year I'm certainly in profit, especially around late Jan-early Feb, and it was down to pretty much keeping it at no more than trebles, £10 or so on them. Sure, you won't win them all but long-term there's no doubt you'll win more regularly. Like me, it seems you get that feeling of "ah what's the harm in adding them in as well?"

Someone said on here, forgotten who, but it sums it up: you have to differentiate between betting for fun (let's be honest, we all enjoy an audacious £1/£2 on 7 or 8 teams), and betting for profit.

Saying all that, only do the larger stakes if you're comfortable with it obviously - something atm I'm not entirely able to say I am. As such, I'm going to go against what I just said and probably do the more ambitious strategy. Perhaps not that many teams though.  :lol:

Going to leave the Italian teams today, will concentrate on the later ones.

I'm not much of a betting man, but my new strategy is to make bets in 3 categories: a risky accy, a slightly dodgy accy, and a 'cert' to cover the other two should they knack up.

I've done that as well. The last month I've gone up from 10 € (which was what I've paid into my account) up to 100€. But yesterday and today those "certain" bets didn't come up and neither did the other bets...

Really have my hopes for my NUFC (-1) bet high. It could bring me up again.

Got my free Ladbrokes bets, so I've gone for D.Bent to score first (8/1) and 4-folds and 5-team acca across Europe.

Not researched my bets whatsoever, so I really deserve to lose.

Fucking Temuri Ketsbaia and Olympiacos - how shite are they at home.

Now needing a Lille home win (against 2nd place Montpellier) to get anything back from the day.

My own fault though.

rubin went down but ajax came through so stake from that plus winnings onto tromso/odd.

doubt i'll go for lillestrom but may well go rosenborg.

tromso/odd comes in.

reinvest that original stake (£20) on anderlecht/real madrid and keep an eye in play on the rosenborg situation.