BBC: Freddy Shepherd £60m offer for NUFC likely to be accepted

jimmymag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've heard that it is Freddy, Bruce and Kenneth.

They're unlikely to have more than £60-70m between themselves to purchase the club so they'd have to fund the club through debt again.

If the fat one has people to answer to above him then it may not be as bad as it seems, but I am so low with the situation now that having Shepherd rather than its current state is appealing.

Its so much fun being a Newcastle fan!!

60 million, well this just sums up ashley doesn't it.  He gets offered 200 million and knocks it back as he wanted 400 million off the Ahabs now the stupid fat cunt is having to take a begging "please take my club" 60 million fom a man he orginally bought it from.

What a twat of godly proportions.

I hope no one ever does business with this cunt ever again.

I've heard that it is Freddy, Bruce and Kenneth.

They're unlikely to have more than £60-70m between themselves to purchase the club so they'd have to fund the club through debt again.

Nobody knows what funding he has.

You would hope that with Shearer in charge Fat Freddy wouldn't be able to walk all over the manager like he has done with the previous lot.

Shearer I hope would be a slightly different kettle of fish to the previous managers who worked under Freddy. Of them lot only Robson enjoyed any popularity. He too was ultimately treated very poorly by Shepherd but at least got a good 5 years and was moved on perhaps too late if anything, when age had finally caught up with him. Souness and Roeder were amazed to get the job when they did and were easy yes men for Shepherd.

I'd like to think Shearer would have more say than they did, but you can't underestimate Shepherd's meddling.

Guest sittingontheball

I just wish it wasn't going to be Shepherd.

Exactly, the silver lining of Ashley could have been that he wiped out the Shepherd era debt at the massive cost of relegating us, setting the stage for a better regime than both of them to kick on from. With Shepherd, I think we're back in mismanagement creek.

"The man in charge of the proposed deal, Keith Harris, the chairman of brokers Seymour Pierce, has said he expects an agreement to be reached within the next couple of weeks!"

:kasper: :kasper: :kasper:

Still too long to be waiting.

Yeah, but if a deal is very close to happening surely they'll be able to put Shearer in? therefore if it takes two weeks, Hughton Calderwood and Barron might only be doing pre-season on their own for 5-7 days.

I hope.

What I still chuckle at is, whenever a piece of good news comes out in press, everyone goes "arghh it's paper bollocks", "making it up..." blah blah blah, then as soon as a bit of bad news comes out, people are like "AHHHHHHH! IT'S TRUE! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!"

I do laugh when I read that Freddy Shepherd is the 'public face' of a consortium looking to buy NUFC. Who would choose Freddy Shepherd to head up a consortium to buy NUFC apart from himself? Who would pick a person who is unpopular with the fans to head up their take over?

I do laugh when I read that Freddy Shepherd is the 'public face' of a consortium looking to buy NUFC. Who would choose Freddy Shepherd to head up a consortium to buy NUFC apart from himself? Who would pick a person who is unpopular with the fans to head up their take over?

I think it's more to do with the fact that Shepherd will no pretty much what's wrong with us financially from when he left us.

Three things really do play in Freddys favor here, for someone to select him. 

1) He was available.  No need to headhunt for someone to do this role. 

2) He wants back in.  Bitter about the way things went down. 

3) He's done it before.  Fine, he might have relied on McKays judgement too much and he might not be the most liked, but his rolodex probably has a lot more numbers than most still floating around in it and he knows the club.

I think it's more to do with the fact that Shepherd will no pretty much what's wrong with us financially from when he left us.

I worry for Dave's health.

i don't, if we hadn't of won at sheff utd we would of went down in the 2006/07 season

also shepherd would of kept allardyce, which would of led to us going down last season

:facepalm:

Ages ago I know but....  :lol:

Guest Brummiemag

Does anyone know for sure that if the the bid of £60 million is successful, the £100 million loan to Ashley will be written off or whether the new owner will also inherit and therefore have to pay back the £100 million loan to Ashley?