Will Ashley lose financially from sale of NUFC?

Guest Brazilianbob

whats does everyone think of the rest of stupeedos post ?

The correct answer is....

he loses credibilty by stating Ashley has us on a stable footing.

Christ, I miss out the word 'financial' and look what happens...the Shepherd apologists out in force (not aimed at you Cp40, I know you're just a Keegan fan)

There's absolutely nothing 'financially stable' about being relegated with our wage bill.

If his gamble had paid off and we'd managed to stay up you might have had a case.

Disagree entirely, we were staring down financial suicide under Shepherd, the guy had totally misread the economic climate (ok, he wasn't the only one) but it's not as though he'd given the club any financial cushion with which to manouvere. We'll never be able to prove this as (thankfully, IMO) Ashley came along and bailed Shepherd out. For all the paper talk of Shepherd feeling 'betrayed' and 'forced out' - Ashley's done more for his reputation in the NE than Shepherd ever could have.

EDIT: As for relegation...the last 12 months have been a shambles tbh, no-one is without blame, no-one escapes the shithole that was 2008-09, including me!

How is running a debt widely reported around 70m with a turnover of 100m financial suicide? If that kind of gearing was the norm half of the businesses in London would be in trouble.

Christ, I miss out the word 'financial' and look what happens...the Shepherd apologists out in force (not aimed at you Cp40, I know you're just a Keegan fan)

There's absolutely nothing 'financially stable' about being relegated with our wage bill.

If his gamble had paid off and we'd managed to stay up you might have had a case.

Disagree entirely, we were staring down financial suicide under Shepherd, the guy had totally misread the economic climate (ok, he wasn't the only one) but it's not as though he'd given the club any financial cushion with which to manouvere. We'll never be able to prove this as (thankfully, IMO) Ashley came along and bailed Shepherd out. For all the paper talk of Shepherd feeling 'betrayed' and 'forced out' - Ashley's done more for his reputation in the NE than Shepherd ever could have.

EDIT: As for relegation...the last 12 months have been a shambles tbh, no-one is without blame, no-one escapes the shithole that was 2008-09, including me!

How is running a debt widely reported around 70m with a turnover of 100m financial suicide? If that kind of gearing was the norm half of the businesses in London would be in trouble.

what was the operating profit from the turnover ?

you should know the size of the turnover is pointless if you are still making losses.

Guest fading star

So it’s not Shepherd’s fault we got relegated?

did i say it was ?

whos fault was it that we hocked everything we had and still made losses. do you think in that situation the banks would fall over themselves to loan us more to invest ?

Yes

“we were heasded here both ways,ashley could have done something about it, fred got us to the position where there was little he cou;ld have done“

So its not Shepherds fault we got relegated?

did i say it was ?

whos fault was it that we hocked everything we had and still made losses. do you think in that situation the banks would fall over themselves to loan us more to invest ?

Yet still Fat Fred managed to sell the club for a tidy sum taking the banks out of the equation. Was that his fault as well?

It's not about profit and very few football clubs make a profit as you well know, it's about competing (or getting relegated) and for that there has to be debt structuring or you might as well stay in CCC forever.

did i say it was ?

Yes

“we were heasded here both ways,ashley could have done something about it, fred got us to the position where there was little he cou;ld have done“

and where do i say it was shepherds fault ? even if i think he would have taken us there.

did i say it was ?

Yet still Fat Fred managed to sell the club for a tidy sum taking the banks out of the equation. Was that his fault as well?

and what position were we in when he left ? what position had we been headed for 2 or 3 years priior ?

It's not about profit and very few football clubs make a profit as you well know, it's about competing (or getting relegated) and for that there has to be debt structuring or you might as well stay in CCC forever.

do you agree that you can only pile up debt for so long before the lenders get jittery and don't give you anymore ?

do you agree that you can only pile up debt for so long before the lenders get jittery and don't give you anymore ?

HOw the fuck do you think capitalism survives? ha ha...

HOw the f*** do you think capitalism survives? ha ha...

not really an answer to my question though is it ?

It's not the ans to your piddling little question, I admit. It's the ans to the world and everything in it. Happy?  :cheesy:

It's not the ans to your piddling little question, I admit. It's the ans to the world and everything in it. Happy?  :cheesy:

if it's the answer why do companies go under ? why not just borrow more ?

Guest fading star

Does thinking MA is a clueless c*** immediately make one a Shep apologist? Explain......

Ashley can’t be defended on his record, so comparing him to his predecessor is the only way of avoiding saying “I got it wrong. I was blaming Keegan and Shepherd and people with cockney mafia out banners for our problems, when it was down to Ashley all along”.

if it's the answer why do companies go under ? why not just borrow more ?

That's what Marx wanted to know.

Guest fading star

did i say it was ?

Yes

we were heasded here both ways,ashley could have done something about it, fred got us to the position where there was little he cou;ld have done

and where do i say it was shepherds fault ? even if i think he would have taken us there.

Does thinking MA is a clueless c*** immediately make one a Shep apologist? Explain......

Ashley can’t be defended on his record, so comparing him to his predecessor is the only way of avoiding saying “I got it wrong. I was blaming Keegan and Shepherd and people with cockney mafia out banners for our problems, when it was down to Ashley all along”.

Pretty much everyone must realise by now what a catastrophic dimwit Ashley is.

did i say it was ?

and what position were we in when he left ? what position had we been headed for 2 or 3 years priior ?

This is the question you really need to ask Mike Ashley as he thought it was a good buy at the time.

so where was the money going to come from when we had everything hocked and were having to find 30mill to make ends meet ?

ashley fucked up on many things. doesn't mean fred didn't end upo being shit for us aswell.

did i say it was ?

This is the question you really need to ask Mike Ashley as he thought it was a good buy at the time.

and he got it wrong ? still doesn't mean fred didn't leave us in a financial shitheap.

as regards nufc ...yes

does it mean fred left us on the up or in the shit ?

Guest fading star

as regards nufc ...yes

does it mean fred left us on the up or in the s*** ?

Fred left us in the premier league, with a manager in place for pre season. Not a lot to get excited about at the time, but a shining example of planning and stability compared to where we are now.

did i say it was ?

and he got it wrong ? still doesn't mean fred didn't leave us in a financial shitheap.

So do you think after Ashley bought the club, he should blame the problems on Shepherd?

Don't get me wrong, I haven't read a post in this thread yet. But; anyone who believes Ash won't lost a fucking shitload when he sells us is barking up the wrong tree. He's clearly a cunt, but if this is what you're trying to pin on him as a failure you need to look elsewhere.

did i say it was ?

So do you think after Ashley bought the club, he should blame the problems on Shepherd?

some. if the halls/fred had the club at heart they would have warned ashley as to the hidden stuff they knew he didn't check (which he only has himself to blame for)...they found a sucker, very,very lucky for them.

so where was the money going to come from when we had everything hocked and were having to find 30mill to make ends meet ?

ashley fucked up on many things. doesn't mean fred didn't end upo being shit for us aswell.

Except during the stadium expansion when did we ever spend £30m more in a year than we brought in under Shepherd? Or is that just more bullshit?