Will Ashley lose financially from sale of NUFC?

Guest Brazilianbob

£75m owed to the banks turned in to £100m owed to Mike. Plus an £10m overdraft extension.

so you expected him to break even straight away while inheriting a wages ratio of over 60% ?

Are you saying the debt levels went down?

where did i even hint it ?

i'm asking you how, with the wages being by far the largest swallower of cash and built in with long term contracts you expect him to cut the debt straight away

It’s implied by the context of post I was responding to, which incorrectly claimed Ashley wiped off £90m of debt.

i suppose he has. the banks are no longer owed any monies bar what has been used out of the overdraft facility. now it's up to ashley how much he asks for the club.

Guest fading star

Ashley paid £135m for an ailing premiership club carrying about £75m of debt. He now wants £100m for a completely f***ed up championship club with a £40m overdraft. A net loss of about £45m on the value of his asset represents a lucky escape for Mike Ashley.

Ashley paid £135m for an ailing premiership club carrying about £75m of debt. He now wants £100m for a completely f***ed up championship club with a £40m overdraft. A net loss of about £45m on the value of his asset represents a lucky escape for Mike Ashley.

depends on wether he gets the "loan"back....incidentally why would this loan be separate from the headline price ?....also how much extra has he put in ?

How on earth has he managed to make Shepherd look like a financial genius? :lol: that's almost on a par with the OP :lol:

Just because Ashley made the mistakes doesn't mean that you can't afford him any empathy or recognition of his losses.

Unless proven otherwise, he acted in how he thought was best for the club - which you can't fault his intentions for. His methods and decisions will be scrutinised forevermore, but it ludicrous to think that he came to SJP with the intention of deliberately failing.

Shepherd didn't lose a personal fortune AND get the club relegated. Compared to Ashley, Shepherd is a financial genius, which isn't saying much btw. Ashley had plenty of chances to step back from the brink but he failed to invest a few million at the right time to avoid disaster. This isn't an endorsement of Shepherd, more of an indictment of Ashley's monumental cock ups and there's a long list of them I haven't even mentioned here.

How on earth has he managed to make Shepherd look like a financial genius? :lol: that's almost on a par with the OP :lol:

Just because Ashley made the mistakes doesn't mean that you can't afford him any empathy or recognition of his losses.

Unless proven otherwise, he acted in how he thought was best for the club - which you can't fault his intentions for. His methods and decisions will be scrutinised forevermore, but it ludicrous to think that he came to SJP with the intention of deliberately failing.

Shepherd didn't lose a personal fortune AND get the club relegated. Compared to Ashley, Shepherd is a financial genius, which isn't saying much btw. Ashley had plenty of chances to step back from the brink but he failed to invest a few million at the right time to avoid disaster. This isn't an endorsement of Shepherd, more of an indictment of Ashley's monumental cock ups and there's a long list of them I haven't even mentioned here.

shepherds net worth is nowhere near ashleys...both started off with nowt.

I am talking about this from the perspective of Newcastle United as a football club.

I am talking about this from the perspective of Newcastle United as a football club.

fair do's

So someone who cornered themselves into a position where they had exhausted all available lines of credit and were forced into realising future cash flows immediately at a much discounted price...over someone who lost their OWN money plugging the holes created by said person.

Don't really think you can call shepherd a financial genius (in relation to Ashley), he had no idea of the world outside of NE1, Ashley has a poor footballing knowledge but at least got us onto a more stable footing.

Ashley has a poor footballing knowledge but at least got us onto a more stable footing.

Has there ever been a more ridiculous statement ever posted anywhere on the internet?

So someone who cornered themselves into a position where they had exhausted all available lines of credit and were forced into realising future cash flows immediately at a much discounted price...over someone who lost their OWN money plugging the holes created by said person.

Don't really think you can call shepherd a financial genius (in relation to Ashley), he had no idea of the world outside of NE1, Ashley has a poor footballing knowledge but at least got us onto a more stable footing.

Deary fucking me :lol:

Aye, it looks and feels like we're on a more stable footing at the moment. Twat.

Aye, it looks and feels like we're on a more stable footing at the moment. Twat.

Staggering idiocy.  :facepalm:

Guest Redcar Mag

What. A. Cunt.

Staggering idiocy.  :facepalm:

Could not have put it more succinctly

I FUCKING HOPE SO

just like to add to this; I HOPE HE LOSES EVERYTHING AND HIM, HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN END UP FLIPPING MY BURGERS THE FUCKING CUNT

You eat burgers?

Crikey, how very déclassé

whats does everyone think of the rest of stupeedos post ?

There was merit in Ashley trying to put the club on a stable footing, obviously Shepherd's money was blown by Souness and it put the club in a bad position, but at least we were in the Premier. Ashley's blunders over Keegan, his stupid cheap option managerial oppointments and worst of all his failure to protect the club's Premiership future by investing in the squad backfired spectacularly. Shepherd wuld have acted far more decisively in the market in those crucial transfer windows and it would have kept us up. So yes, in comparison to Ashley he's a financial genius.

The correct answer is....

he loses credibilty by stating Ashley has us on a stable footing.

Christ, I miss out the word 'financial' and look what happens...the Shepherd apologists out in force (not aimed at you Cp40, I know you're just a Keegan fan)

Ashley has a poor footballing knowledge but at least got us onto a more stable footing.

Classic

The club's never been in better shape. :mackems:  :weep:

Hmm, about to topple into the abyss....or....further down the mountain but with slightly wider ledge to cling onto

The correct answer is....

he loses credibilty by stating Ashley has us on a stable footing.

Christ, I miss out the word 'financial' and look what happens...the Shepherd apologists out in force (not aimed at you Cp40, I know you're just a Keegan fan)

thats me.