Will Ashley lose financially from sale of NUFC?

Guest Brazilianbob

So it’s not Shepherd’s fault we got relegated?

did i say it was ?

whos fault was it that we hocked everything we had and still made losses. do you think in that situation the banks would fall over themselves to loan us more to invest ?

Yet still Fat Fred managed to sell the club for a tidy sum taking the banks out of the equation. Was that his fault as well?

and what position were we in when he left ? what position had we been headed for 2 or 3 years priior ?

This is the question you really need to ask Mike Ashley as he thought it was a good buy at the time.

and he got it wrong ? still doesn't mean fred didn't leave us in a financial shitheap.

So do you think after Ashley bought the club, he should blame the problems on Shepherd?

some. if the halls/fred had the club at heart they would have warned ashley as to the hidden stuff they knew he didn't check (which he only has himself to blame for)...they found a sucker, very,very lucky for them.

You know very well the deal was done behind Shepherd's back (or hospital bed). More bullshit Madras?

did i say it was ?

whos fault was it that we hocked everything we had and still made losses. do you think in that situation the banks would fall over themselves to loan us more to invest ?

Yet still Fat Fred managed to sell the club for a tidy sum taking the banks out of the equation. Was that his fault as well?

and what position were we in when he left ? what position had we been headed for 2 or 3 years priior ?

This is the question you really need to ask Mike Ashley as he thought it was a good buy at the time.

and he got it wrong ? still doesn't mean fred didn't leave us in a financial shitheap.

So do you think after Ashley bought the club, he should blame the problems on Shepherd?

some. if the halls/fred had the club at heart they would have warned ashley as to the hidden stuff they knew he didn't check (which he only has himself to blame for)...they found a sucker, very,very lucky for them.

You know very well the deal was done behind Shepherd's back (or hospital bed). More bullshit Madras?

do you think fred would have come clean for thew sake of the club ?....now thats bullshit.

whats does everyone think of the rest of stupeedos post ?

The correct answer is....

he loses credibilty by stating Ashley has us on a stable footing.

Christ, I miss out the word 'financial' and look what happens...the Shepherd apologists out in force (not aimed at you Cp40, I know you're just a Keegan fan)

Does thinking MA is a clueless c*** immediately make one a Shep apologist? Explain......

Ashley can’t be defended on his record, so comparing him to his predecessor is the only way of avoiding saying “I got it wrong. I was blaming Keegan and Shepherd and people with cockney mafia out banners for our problems, when it was down to Ashley all along”.

so where was the money going to come from when we had everything hocked and were having to find 30mill to make ends meet ?

ashley f***ed up on many things. doesn't mean fred didn't end upo being s*** for us aswell.

Except during the stadium expansion when did we ever spend £30m more in a year than we brought in under Shepherd? Or is that just more bullshit?

i thought the club made a net loss of £33mill in 2006-07....add that to what we already owed. things were certainly looking up eh ?

did i say it was ?

do you think fred would have come clean for thew sake of the club ?....now thats bullshit.

IIRC correctly Shepherd didn't want to sell the club and was bullish about Ashley buying up shares.

He actually worked with Ashley for about a a fortnight after the takeover.

did i say it was ?

I think he most certainly would have as he didn't want to sell. Probably why Hall did it behind his back.

did i say it was ?

IIRC correctly Shepherd didn't want to sell the club and was bullish about Ashley buying up shares.

He actually worked with Ashley for about a a fortnight after the takeover.

honestly have no reccollection of that.

edit...i remember him working with ashley after the takeover but not about him being bullish about ashley buying in the first place.

did i say it was ?

I think he most certainly would have as he didn't want to sell. Probably why Hall did it behind his back.

so you think fred spelled out all the hidden stuff to ashley (again his fault that he didn't get it checked) ?

So its not Shepherds fault we got relegated?

did i say it was ?

He could've walked into any pub in the north east and he'd have been told our financial situation. It's not as if it was a secret, there were websites dedicated to it. It's a buyers prerogative to check the books out.

As an aside, I feel I must point out to those claiming Ashley was trying to get us on a more sensible financial footing our wage bill rose under Ashley. A mean feat considering the damage he has done to the club.

did i say it was ?

so you think fred spelled out all the hidden stuff to ashley (again his fault that he didn't get it checked) ?

He didn't have a chance to before Ashley was already committed. It would have been in his interest to try and put Ashley off.

Do you think he would have intentionally tried to hide stuff from Ashley that he could find out just by reading the published accounts? To what purpose?

did i say it was ?

He didn't have a chance to before Ashley was already committed. It would have been in his interest to try and put Ashley off.

Do you think he would have intentionally tried to hide stuff from Ashley that he could find out just by reading the published accounts? To what purpose?

to push up the price....like he did. an extra penny a share wasn't it after the halls had sold up ?

stuff like the nature of the debt ie the expansion loan that had to be paid back immediatly (or close) on the sale of the club wouldn't be in the accounts, nor would be the structure of the debts remaining on transfer fees from previous years.

Guest Brazilianbob

If people think Ashley is going to lose a "sh**load" of money when he eventually sells, it should be remembered that what is a "sh**load" to us is peanuts to him.  Just sticking to basis arithmetic, he paid £134m for the club and then replaced the bank debt with an interest free loan(s).  I say loan(s) because he did periodically pump extra money into the club to cover running costs.  Now tell me if I am wrong but if Ashley wanted the bank loans repaid then he would surely want the running cost loans repaid also.

If he valued the club at £400m when we were an EPL side, then even though we are in the CCC now, £100m for the club and all loans repaid over an agreed period, which could be anything depending on the agreed interest rate (and earlier if we get back into the EPL at the first time of asking), is not an exorbitant amount considering the facilities and potential on offer.  I am therefore firmly in the camp that the cost of the club will be in the region of £250m when all loans/bank overdrafts are repaid in full, so no I don't think Ashley will lose a penny on the deal but he will leave with rather singed fingers.

Christ, I miss out the word 'financial' and look what happens...the Shepherd apologists out in force (not aimed at you Cp40, I know you're just a Keegan fan)

Does thinking MA is a clueless c*** immediately make one a Shep apologist? Explain......

Ashley can’t be defended on his record, so comparing him to his predecessor is the only way of avoiding saying “I got it wrong. I was blaming Keegan and Shepherd and people with cockney mafia out banners for our problems, when it was down to Ashley all along”.

Pretty much everyone must realise by now what a catastrophic dimwit Ashley is.

as regards nufc ...yes

does it mean fred left us on the up or in the shit ?

When MA took over he had access to capital within the region of at least 700m to 1bl. How the fuck did he manage to get us relegated?

as regards nufc ...yes

does it mean fred left us on the up or in the s*** ?

When MA took over he had access to capital within the region of at least 700m to 1bl. How the f*** did he manage to get us relegated?

because he didn't want to spend all his money on the football club. much like you and I.

Ashley cant be defended on his record, so comparing him to his predecessor is the only way of avoiding saying I got it wrong. I was blaming Keegan and Shepherd and people with cockney mafia out banners for our problems, when it was down to Ashley all along.

as regards nufc ...yes

When MA took over he had access to capital within the region of at least 700m to 1bl. How the f*** did he manage to get us relegated?

because he didn't want to spend all his money on the football club. much like you and I.

Well to be fair he might as well have instead off pissing it up the wall.

Ashley cant be defended on his record, so comparing him to his predecessor is the only way of avoiding saying I got it wrong. I was blaming Keegan and Shepherd and people with cockney mafia out banners for our problems, when it was down to Ashley all along.

as regards nufc ...yes

i very much doubt the ammount he spent on drinks would have made a difference.

as regards nufc ...yes

No but getting pissed and putting 250k on a roulette whell, or gambling hundreds of millions that the recession would end in a few months despite financial experts saying it would go on for years.

as regards nufc ...yes

No but getting pissed and putting 250k on a roulette whell, or gambling hundreds of millions that the recession would end in a few months despite financial experts saying it would go on for years.

are you saying he should just have made nufc his focus and forgot about his other financial interests ? don't even think fred done that.

as regards nufc ...yes

are you saying he should just have made nufc his focus and forgot about his other financial interests ? don't even think fred done that.

No I'm just saying he might as well have, he would be richer now. 

I think he's no the great businessman that most would be to be a Billionaire, I think he was just lucky and now thats ran out.

as regards nufc ...yes

I think he's no the great businessman that most would be to be a Billionaire, I think he was just lucky and now thats ran out.

i wouldn't say he was a great businessman, but to put it down to luck is silly.

as regards nufc ...yes

Well he made 250m of Adidas in 1 week when he bought them and randomly their stock rose massively, either thats insider trading or luck.

as regards nufc ...yes

Well he made 250m of Adidas in 1 week when he bought them and randomly their stock rose massively, either thats insider trading or luck.

or it's the knock on effect from him buying stock and others think he's preparing a takeover and the price rises on the strength of that. he also bought in to get rights to some adidas gear i think.

as regards nufc ...yes

or it's the knock on effect from him buying stock and others think he's preparing a takeover and the price rises on the strength of that. he also bought in to get rights to some adidas gear i think.

I don't think even the most retarded man would think a man with 2 billion would attempt a takeover of Adidas.

Edit:  I am not calling you a retard.

as regards nufc ...yes

I don't think even the most retarded man would think a man with 2 billion would attempt a takeover of Adidas.

he could easily if he got the banks/institutions on board aswell. do you think the glaziers etc used their own money to buy man utd.

google "ashley adidas takeover" and you'll see there were plenty of rumours about ath the time

as regards nufc ...yes

he could easily if he got the banks/institutions on board aswell. do you think the glaziers etc used their own money to buy man utd.

google "ashley adidas takeover" and you'll see there were plenty of rumours about ath the time

Then for that I apologise.

as regards nufc ...yes

So we think like billionaires? Weird.