Newcastle United 0 - 0 Leeds United (FT) - 29/07/09

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just got back. Not a great game and a typical pre season friendly really. A good few positives to take out of the game.

Smith looked really good again and fully deserved his MOTM award. After Huddersfield and today with the opposition on his case, the fans have really got behind him and he's appreciated it. Could be a star next season. Not technically brilliant but he could rip up the Championship.

Another clean sheet. Like at Huddersfield last week, we were solid at the back. Let's just hope Leyton Orient was just a bad day at the office.

Martins has gone to Wolfsburg apparently. the £10m will come in handy and we can get 2 or 3 good strikers for that now. 

Your posts are amusing. Keep it up.

Leeds have many fans there? I imagine it would have been a decent atmosphere as far as pre-season goes

They had a canny few there. Annoying pricks like.

Just got back. Not a great game and a typical pre season friendly really. A good few positives to take out of the game.

Smith looked really good again and fully deserved his MOTM award. After Huddersfield and today with the opposition on his case, the fans have really got behind him and he's appreciated it. Could be a star next season. Not technically brilliant but he could rip up the Championship.

Another clean sheet. Like at Huddersfield last week, we were solid at the back. Let's just hope Leyton Orient was just a bad day at the office.

Martins has gone to Wolfsburg apparently. the £10m will come in handy and we can get 2 or 3 good strikers for that now. 

my word

Leeds have many fans there? I imagine it would have been a decent atmosphere as far as pre-season goes

Yes it was a good atmosphere. Leeds fans were loud all game.

Where else in the country would you get a club outside the top flight with 16,000 there for a midweek friendly as well? Good support but the boos were disappointing.

my word

I know. I wonder if we were watching the same game. I nearly fell asleep :lol:

my word

I didn't say I was going to buy the DVD but there's still positives to take from it, going into next week.

my word

I didn't say I was going to buy the DVD but there's still positives to take from it, going into next week.

Barton and Bassong

my word

Barton and Bassong

Yep. And Smith looked good. Another clean sheet, a much improved performance from Saturday, a good crowd and £10m in the bank.

Not a bad night at all.

Martins has gone to Wolfsburg apparently. the £10m will come in handy and we can get 2 or 3 good strikers for that now

This is a level of comedy writing that John Sullivan can only dream of  :lol:

Slag:

One player who would be certain to leave Tyneside should Alan Shearer eventually be appointed Newcastle's manager is Joey Barton. The midfielder hardly enhanced his reputation last night when he was lucky to escape unpunished after body-checking Fabian Delph - who shone for League One Leeds - in an incident apparently unseen by the referee.

:omg:

Guest Heneage

Slag:

One player who would be certain to leave Tyneside should Alan Shearer eventually be appointed Newcastle's manager is Joey Barton. The midfielder hardly enhanced his reputation last night when he was lucky to escape unpunished after body-checking Fabian Delph - who shone for League One Leeds - in an incident apparently unseen by the referee.

She writes the the subtlety of a fluorescent brick.

Whoever organised the "pay on the night" turnstiles wants sacking. I arrived at 7.15pm, plenty of time to get in you'd think. Only two (?) sets of cash turnstiles open and both had massive queues. Didn't get in til about 25minutes into the match.

Wish I hadn't bothered after actually seeing the match  :lol:

I got there at 7.30, qeued up at the box office then got in for 7.45, where were you?

Slag:

Barton did quite well. The 'incident' was barely even worth mentioning, let alone making a big deal of.

Stupid bitch.

Slag:

Barton did quite well. The 'incident' was barely even worth mentioning, let alone making a big deal of.

Stupid bitch.

Every tackle he makes............... :sadnod:

crap game, 2 poor teams,  no idea what happened in the first 20 odd minutes though as was stuck outside trying to get in!!  IF the club are ging to put cash turnstiles on i suggest they open more than 2!!!  total choas, loads of people just give up and went home or  to the pub,  wish i did the same and saved my tenner!

Been to every friendly bar this one. Are you serious about Smith? Very pleased if he has done well tonight, but it is complete bollocks to say he has been great in the games so far, anonymous and decidedly poor would be my assement (christ, Duff has been the only organiser in terms of encouragement and communication for the most of what I've seen).

If he has seriously put in, not only a shift but an 'effective' shift tonight, then fair play.