Newcastle United 0 - 0 Leeds United (FT) - 29/07/09

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Slag:

One player who would be certain to leave Tyneside should Alan Shearer eventually be appointed Newcastle's manager is Joey Barton. The midfielder hardly enhanced his reputation last night when he was lucky to escape unpunished after body-checking Fabian Delph - who shone for League One Leeds - in an incident apparently unseen by the referee.

:omg:

Barton did quite well. The 'incident' was barely even worth mentioning, let alone making a big deal of.

Stupid bitch.

Every tackle he makes............... :sadnod:

I knew that would get worded in that way. :lol:

It was nothing.

Guest Stephen927

And what has Delph done to be rated at 8 million pound?

Well, he was born in England and he had a decent season in League One. The first point adds £5m to any potential sale.

Tottenhams Chief scout is there

Oba left out

Oba left out

HP?

SSN

Looking at Bassong and Delph apparently.

Broomfield was looking at Jonas as well.    The options seem to be Bassong or Dunne and Jonas or Petrov.  With those options I hope we stay well clear of City.

What actually happened, anything in this "body check"?

From what I seen, Delph did a pretty bad tackle on one of our players (can't remember who, shola?) and then Barton put him to ground with a push/bodycheck as play continued in the opposite direction.

I remember laughing like, so the bodycheck wasn't that bad. The kind of thing you get upto in primary school. If anything it was nice to see them looking out for eachother.

Can anyone confirm this is what happened? I can't be 100% like. Corner of my eye stuff.

Bossed a midfield full of players from newcastle who were are paid probably 10 times his wages?

Fuck me, if thats all you need to do to be rated at £8m then expect the prices of Championship midfielders to rocket up in the next 12 months :lol:

Oba left out

Oba left out

HP?

SSN

Looking at Bassong and Delph apparently.

Broomfield was looking at Jonas as well.    The options seem to be Bassong or Dunne and Jonas or Petrov.  With those options I hope we stay well clear of City.

Redknapp was after Jonas when he was at Portsmouth.

Guest Phil K

It's the Mirror - it's carried out a campaign of hate (or justabouts) against Newcastle - team, fans and city for the past 2 decades.

Its because we dared to beat Man U to Alan Shearers signature. They attacked us since then (and for years prior to that TBH, only not as spitefully)

Bossed a midfield full of players from newcastle who were are paid probably 10 times his wages?

Fuck me, if thats all you need to do to be rated at £8m then expect the prices of Championship midfielders to rocket up in the next 12 months :lol:

I know. I was just using this as yet another opportunity to underline just how shit our players really are despite their big name reputations.

How to be a journalist, lesson one.

1. Take article: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/30/alan-smith-laying-down-law-to-team-mates-72703-24276069/2/

2. Extract quote, removing context:

“They [Leeds United] were relegated when I left, and it was a nice occasion.”

3. Create matching headline: SMITH IN SHOCKING LEEDS ADMISSION

4. Publish.

:thup:

Don't know about last night, but Smith was fucking abysmal against Orient and how he's our captain I have no idea. Actually scratch that I do - we're trying to be a total shambles, and best way to do that on the pitch is lead by example.