The Loyal Players

TRon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Imagine if someone offered you double what you worth per year to do your job and didn't write any contingency into your contract in case you were crap at your job. Then a year later the company ask you to accept a 50% pay cut because you hadn't performed as well as they wanted you to. Would you? I know I bloody wouldn't and why should I. If the company are stupid enough to offer to offer me that salary in the first place then whose fault is it?

If it were you or I (someone with a genuine love, feeling and general concern for the well-being of Newcastle United) playing for the club then perhaps we'd be prepared to take a pay cut, but the majority of these players are just people being paid to do a job by a company that was stupid enough to offer them more than they were worth and not write relegation clauses into their contracts. They don't look at the situation like we do.

Very true and I agree 100%, it doesn't mean we should accept it though and not give them any abuse (not saying you said it did)

I agree with everything, like fuck would they take a paycut.

The thing that pisses me of is that fact that our club seems such a push over, we need someone to come in and tell them to fuck off. Their wages are part of the reason no one will buy us, yet they piss and moan about not being sold every week in the shitting chronicle. They're as much the cancer at our club as the owner.

Alan Smith isnt loyal. He left the team he supports to join their biggest rivals. If he was still decent he would be wanting out, no doubt about it.

That said, I can see him being one of our better players this coming season.

Probably true. If we had a manager who could have us organised into something other than a mess, alot of our shit from last season would probably be quality in this league. The fact that Bristol City fans are creaming themselves over signing Paul Hartley says it all to me. There is some real shite in this league.

Of the players who are leaving, most of them are our better athletes, what we will be left with is the players who are shot, knackered or just plain shit. This is the same problem as last season, I just don't believe with those players leaving we will be fit or fast enough to challenge at the top of the Championship. It might be a lower level, but the better managers build younger, hungrier sides even at this level. One or two Nicky Butts is good, a team full of them will be over-run and sent packing.

Alan Smith isnt loyal. He left the team he supports to join their biggest rivals. If he was still decent he would be wanting out, no doubt about it.

Probably true. If we had a manager who could have us organised into something other than a mess, alot of our s*** from last season would probably be quality in this league. The fact that Bristol City fans are creaming themselves over signing Paul Hartley says it all to me. There is some real s**** in this league.

Of the players who are leaving, most of them are our better athletes, what we will be left with is the players who are shot, knackered or just plain s***. This is the same problem as last season, I just don't believe with those players leaving we will be fit or fast enough to challenge at the top of the Championship. It might be a lower level, but the better managers build younger, hungrier sides even at this level. One or two Nicky Butts is good, a team full of them will be over-run and sent packing.

"Overrun" and "Nicky Butt" in the same sentance brings back bad memories of games gone by and gloomy visions of future matches :(

If ANY Championship manager watched us last season, they'll be telling their central midfielders to make a beeline for our penalty area. They won't even have to run, a mild jog will do. We really have no hope.

Probably true. If we had a manager who could have us organised into something other than a mess, alot of our s*** from last season would probably be quality in this league. The fact that Bristol City fans are creaming themselves over signing Paul Hartley says it all to me. There is some real s**** in this league.

Of the players who are leaving, most of them are our better athletes, what we will be left with is the players who are shot, knackered or just plain s***. This is the same problem as last season, I just don't believe with those players leaving we will be fit or fast enough to challenge at the top of the Championship. It might be a lower level, but the better managers build younger, hungrier sides even at this level. One or two Nicky Butts is good, a team full of them will be over-run and sent packing.

You're probably correct to be fair. Im hoping some of our younger players will step up to the mark, but its probably too soon for most of them. We really needed to bring in a few younger hungry players over the summer. Actually, weve needed to do that for years, but shit like Nolan and Taylor come in instead.

I would really only label Harper, Taylor and Carroll as "loyal" because they're fans of the club etc, I dunno about some of the others and I dunno about most of the kids. However, even the "loyal" players would leave if someone in the PL matched their wages at least imo.

Guest Phil K

None of them are loyal. Pretty funny how the ones who most people expect to leave first (Martins, Beye and Bassong) are infinitely more talented than shithouses like 'loyal' Nicky Butt, 'loyal' Alan Smith and 'loyal' Kevin Nolan btw.

Good point.

Loyalty means fuck all.

Relegation is part and parcel of football and when it happens it doesn't mean every player must stay and make sure the club gains automatic promotion.  It would be great if they did, but if they don't it doesn't make them cunts.  They just want to further their career and rightly so.

Guest Phil K

Well, it's easy to be loyal to your employer when you can't get a better job.

Newcastle have a history of greedy lazy egotistical disloyal b*st*rds who are off like a shot and suddenly discover at their new club, they're not as well treat, or as "big" as they thought they were. A good example of that was Bernard. Or Dyer.

Making excuses for disloyalty like above is something supporters of top clubs don't do.

Thats why we are constantly in the dead zone, and those who do NOT accept it AREN'T.

Well, it's easy to be loyal to your employer when you can't get a better job.

Newcastle have a history of greedy lazy egotistical disloyal b*st*rds who are off like a shot and suddenly discover at their new club, they're not as well treat, or as "big" as they thought they were. A good example of that was Bernard. Or Dyer.

Making excuses for disloyalty like above is something supporters of top clubs don't do.

Thats why we are constantly in the dead zone, and those who do NOT accept it AREN'T.

The reason we're constantly in the dead zone is because some supporters make excuses for disloyalty?

:mackems:

He's always rated pretty highly (relative to his actual ability) when it's been a while since people have seen him. I'm not sure why.

The "loyal players don't have anyone else to blame with the want-aways leaving this week. Can they back up their words on the pitch?

Ryan Taylor:

“We know, especially away from home, it’s going to be tough, but we’ve got so many different characters in the dressing room, and we all seem to gel as one.”

Taylor feels there is enough team spirit in the Toon camp to see the black-and-whites through the season.

He added: “We’re all enjoying training, and it’s all looking good at the minute.

“I feel there’s enough energy, character and heart in the dressing room to get us through.”

Kevin Nolan:

“All the lads who are here at the moment have said that they want to stick with us and give 110percent for Newcastle but if a club comes in and offers a ridiculous price for someone that could all change, we don’t know. But that happens at any club...But I think the main thing is that as a team we’re all gelling together, sticking together and working together. If we can do that we’ll be successful this season.”