Keegan or Shearer

Guest ObaStar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Keegan came back with backing,...promotion 1st season, Europe the following season, I have no doubt whatsoever about this.

If anyone came in with GOOD backing, you could say the same. Many makes the world go round.

If Keegan came back with backing,...promotion 1st season, Europe the following season, I have no doubt whatsoever about this.

Love it how it ends there, no commitment beyond two years.  :lol:

3rd season,....champions league?

:mackems:

1st, 3rd, 6th 2nd, .....finishes good or bad?

How long ago? Footballs changed, its moved on, suggest you do the same.

He'd get nowhere near CL football even if he had 5 years at the club and a sensible amount to spend.

He'd get nowhere near CL football even if he had 5 years at the club and a sensible amount to spend.

Thas where Keegan differs from people like you, thats why he achieved so much, he sets his ambitions high and makes the players believe.

So many Keegan haters.  :lol:

Yet half the people on here wouldn't even be fans if it wasn't for Keegan.

I can't believe people would want Keegan back after all s*** that has happened. I have been a Toon supporter long before Keegan was in charge.

I didn't say everyone should want him back, just respect him for what he's done for the club.

Imagine how much respect he'd have had last year had he just grinned and bared it, kept us up (which I've no doubt he would have done even with the very same squad), and then resigned this summer unhappy with how the club was run, but with us still in the Premiership?

He'd have still been called a coward, bottler and a quitter.

No, he'd have been criticised for his crap signings ("if he wasn't happy with the signings he'd have left last year man"), blamed for the poor performance of the team, accused of having no principals ("why did he stay all season if he wasn't happy"), and then called a coward, bottler and a quitter.

This has probably already been said...

We need to move on. The majority think that Shearer hasn't been given a full chance and I am inclined to agree, so I pick Shearer so he can fail (or succeed) and then the next manager won't have that albatross around his neck.

No to KK - he had his chance (twice). Thanks for your service, but its over.

Thas where Keegan differs from people like you, thats why he achieved so much, he sets his ambitions high and makes the players believe.

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

:lol:

God forbid if he sets his sights low if he's achieved so much as a manager.

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

doubt youve ever been european footballer of the year, champion in England, Germany, Fa cup winner, England manager, or managed Newcastle to promotion or second place either.

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

doubt youve ever been european footballer of the year, champion in England, Germany, Fa cup winner, England manager, or managed Newcastle to promotion or second place either.

Thought we were talking about his managerial achievements here?

He was a terrible England manager and walked away from Newcastle twice, something i'd never do.

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

He was a terrible England manager and walked away from Newcastle twice, something i'd never do.

my point was, you dont achieve those things unless you have ambition.

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

But what's ambition got to do with things? His ambition hasn't stopped him walking out on several jobs, if he was ambitious he'd have stuck through the rough times, like Fergie in the early years at Manu. He either doubts his own ability (fair enough) or isn't ambitious enough to follow through on his goals. Which is it?

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

But what's ambition got to do with things? His ambition hasn't stopped him walking out on several jobs, if he was ambitious he'd have stuck through the rough times, like Fergie in the early years at Manu. He either doubts his own ability (fair enough) or isn't ambitious enough to follow through on his goals. Which is it?

Neither, .. his ambition was beyond that of the clubs owner, and cronies.

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

Shame his talent and temperament didn't match.

Yeah I'm not a bottler.

Shame his talent and temperament didn't match.

talent? you must be one of the sky boys