Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

My wife gave birth to our son early hours wednesday morning, we got out of the RVI on thursday at

3pm, Went straight to St James to lay some flowers... then we took our new boy home!

I want him to know (when he get's older) he payed respect to a great man.

P.S not many people could say the first place they ever went when they were born was St James.  :footy:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2019/222771122441490.jpg

Taken by Paddy from Toontastic. Testa/anyone care you to translate?

''An unforgettable match against your team in 2004. In my memory for life.''

The excellent thing about that is, that's a brand new shirt for this season, if they've bought it at home that's cost them 75 euros. I remember the season before we got rid of Bramble, i was standing with a few lads with L'OM tops on, could be one of them.

My wife gave birth to our son early hours wednesday morning, we got out of the RVI on thursday at

3pm, Went straight to St James to lay some flowers... then we took our new boy home!

I want him to know (when he get's older) he payed respect to a great man.

P.S not many people could say the first place they ever went when they were born was St James.  :footy:

That was awesome.  Cheers Mate.

Is it not from Habib Beye himself, Testa? Looks like it's his signature at the bottom.

The only thing i'm thinking is, why sign it twice?

75euros for the adult shirt.

Why would he have the new Marseille shirt? I presume he wouldn't have had time with all his comings and goings (i.e. i don't think he'd have been able to get over to France during, and the shirt hasn't been out very long, i doubt he'd wear a football shirt that wasn't the club he was playing for anyway), and i don't think he was present when the players came onto the centre circle.

I don't know, but i doubt any normal folk like us would be able to afford a brand new shirt to put down. So it's more than likely.

seems like a sig then the name printed underneath (and i'm sure the official site has the top at 60 euro....75 for the tracksuit top)

Again, the junior is 60euros, the adult 75.

what does a partir mean ?

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.om.net/&ei=bKyASo3GDqahjAeT6eD6CQ&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmarseilles%2Bfc%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26hs%3Diee%26sa%3DG

also i know Sir Bob has been buried in a private service but has anything been mentioned about a remembereance service or anything for saturday ?

seems like a sig then the name printed underneath (and i'm sure the official site has the top at 60 euro....75 for the tracksuit top)

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.om.net/&ei=bKyASo3GDqahjAeT6eD6CQ&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmarseilles%2Bfc%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26hs%3Diee%26sa%3DG

also i know Sir Bob has been buried in a private service but has anything been mentioned about a remembereance service or anything for saturday ?

Give up man, in that context it means ''starting from'' (I.e. Prices starting from 60euros, the kids that is.)

The adult shirt costs 75 euros, end of.  :coolsmiley:

Give up man, in that context it means ''starting from'' (I.e. Prices starting from 60euros, the kids that is.)

The adult shirt costs 75 euros, end of.  :coolsmiley:

gotcha....that blanc top looks canny mind.

Guest Geordiesned

On Sunday 20th September I'll be running in my 4th Great North Run and raising money for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation. If anyone would like to sponsor me I've set up a page on the JustGiving website: http://www.justgiving.com/MarkSneddon/

As you'll see on the page I made the decision to raise money for the Foundation just days before Sir Bobby's death after seeing his bravery in attending the charity match in his honour at St. James' Park.

Paul Gascoigne's Poem To Sir Bobby Robson

He was a great man

Even better than Peter Pan

:lol:

:lol:

Here is the full thing for those that don't want to click on the link / on WAP.

To Sir Bobby from Daft as a Brush

When I was 12 I met a man called Bobby,

It was in Ipswich in a lobby,

At first I seen him he just smiled with such glee,

I knew he was the man for me,

He was a great man,

Even better than Peter Pan,

He looked after me for so many years,

He was like a tree with the fruit of the pears,

I know he's above,

And I'll always be his son like the feathers of a dove,

He has now passed away,

But every night I say a little pray,

For the great man Sir Bobby he will be missed,

I've kept okay and hope not to get pissed

I will never forget you for as long as I live,

You gave me a chance,

I started to bounce,

There are no rules for loving and sharing,

But hearts beat faster when someone is caring.

Love Gazza

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=15111

Town Confirm North Stand to be Renamed in Honour of Robson

Tue 18th Aug 2009 10:16

Town have confirmed that the North Stand will become known as the Sir Bobby Robson Stand in tribute to the legendary Blues boss. The stand is expected to be officially be re-christened at the game against Newcastle United on September 26th when Robson’s wife Lady Elsie and their sons will be in attendance.

Chief executive Simon Clegg says the stand renaming is something which has been overwhelmingly backed by supporters: "We've considered all of the suggestions that we have received from many different sources for another permanent memorial at Portman Road to the greatest manager this club has had, but above all the thoughts of the fans.

"The overwhelming majority wanted the Sir Bobby Robson Stand and with the North Stand being seen as the heart of the club and of the fanbase, the fans feel this is the right stand to be renamed.

"We believe that this is the right decision for the club and we will now look to move those plans forward and have submitted a planning application to Ipswich Borough Council with a view of the unveiling ceremony taking place on September 26th before the Championship match against Newcastle United here at Portman Road.

"We have been in close communication with Lady Elsie, over a range of issues, but she was delighted to hear that we wanted to honour Sir Bobby in this particular way. She is hugely supportive and she is very hopeful that both she and a number of her family members will be here to see the Stand opened against Newcastle, a club that was obviously also very close to Sir Bobby's heart.

"I'd like to add that through the correspondence and exchanges that we have had, she has asked me to pass on her heartfelt thanks to all of the supporters for the way that they have recognised the passing of Sir Bobby, and to particularly thank those fans who have made a financial contribution to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

"It's the club's intention that the shirts and memorabilia around Sir Bobby's statue will be taken down after tonight's match with Crystal Palace and will then be stored until the visit of Newcastle when they will be redisplayed on the railings alongside the statue in Portman Road.

"Following further discussions with Sir Bobby's family, the shirts will then be washed and transported with the scarves and shirts that have been displayed at St James' Park to Africa to be used by underprivileged young people. Like us, Lady Elsie believes that Sir Bobby would be very happy with this course of action and to see the items put to good use.

"It is also our intention to feature a number of other initiatives when Newcastle come to Portman Road. The details are still being finalised but I do want it to be seen as two clubs celebrating one legend and there are a number of ideas that will be rolled out in due course."

In August last year, with Robson battling cancer for the fifth time, TWTD Message Boarder Andy Feasey started a petition calling for the North Stand to be renamed in the former manager's honour, with the idea gaining greater impetus since Robson's death at the end of last month.

:)

Sir Bobby Gets a Stand named after him, At Ipswich

IPSWICH TO NAME STAND FOR ROBSON

Ipswich are to rename a stand at their Portman Road ground in honour of former manager Sir Bobby Robson.

Ex-England boss Robson, who won the FA Cup and UEFA Cup in a 13-year spell in charge of the Tractor Boys, died last month aged 76.

Town chief executive Simon Clegg today revealed plans to rename the North Stand after him.

“We’ve considered all of the suggestions that we have received from many different sources for another permanent memorial at Portman Road to the greatest manager this club has had but above all, the thoughts of the fans,” said Clegg.

“The overwhelming majority wanted the Sir Bobby Robson Stand and with the North Stand being seen as the heart of the club and of the fan base, the fans feel this is the right stand to be renamed.”

It is hoped the official unveiling of the stand will take place before kick-off at Ipswich’s game with Newcastle on September 26.