Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

I assume service is in no way open to the public? Shame I know a cannon there would have been special to be inside feel the love almost. Dad said yesterday you'll never see such an outpour like that even when Fergie goes.

Is it not being shown live at SJP?

I'm heading up to SJP like. It's proves to be all the more poignant as at the same time as the memorial service takes place my dad will be at the hospital to find out whether he has to take on a battle of his own. I'm hoping that Bobby's strength and spirit will help us because it's unbearable to comprehend at the moment.

I'm heading up to SJP like. It's proves to be all the more poignant as at the same time as the memorial service takes place my dad will be at the hospital to find out whether he has to take on a battle of his own. I'm hoping that Bobby's strength and spirit will help us because it's unbearable to comprehend at the moment.

Thoughts with you, Cath. Hope the news is good.

:( Fingers crossed for you and the family Cath.

I echo Mowen Cath  :thup:

Thinking of you. :thup:

Bit annoyed I'm going to miss this now, as I was going to book the week off work but ended up just having a few days later in the week. Had forgotten this was today. :(

Guest toonlass

Same here Cath.

I can't make it but I will be spending a couple of minutes thinking about Bob.

Well done Fergy, people seem to see him as a grumpy old scot, but anyone who had the respect of Sir Bobby, has to be a top bloke. Linakers speech as well was class, I have this image in my head of SBR in a golf cart, chasing Gaza !