Managerial choices if/when Ashley decides to stay

Dave

I guess Shearer is out of the question, he'll want assurances Ashley won't give him.

So who else would take the job, knowing there's a handful of decent players but mostly a squad full of shite, no money to spend and an owner who couldn't give a flying fuck about the state of the club?

joe kinnear, dave bassett, terry venables, steve coppell, david o'leary, john gregory

not a great list like  :-[

coppell might be a good shout though

More chance of Keegan than Coppell.

Not sure Curbishley would be interested, considering the way he walked out on West Ham. He'd probably be worried about the same happening here and may prefer to start back in a low-pressure job like he did at Charlton.

joe kinnear, dave bassett, terry venables, steve coppell, david o'leary, john gregory

not a great list like  :-[

He couldn't handle the pressure at Man City, losing in the play-offs with Reading was his limit- somehow I don't think he'd be able to handle the pressure and intensity that comes with the Newcastle United job...

Guest Roger Kint

Hitzfeld :pow:

Seriously though i cant see this idiot bring anyone in other than JFK.

Almost beyond caring but Curbs/Venables/Coppell would be a possibility

He couldn't handle the pressure at Man City, losing in the play-offs with Reading was his limit- somehow I don't think he'd be able to handle the pressure and intensity that comes with the Newcastle United job...

aye, that's a fair point. i forget he was @ man city for a while.