Sebastien Bassong signs for Tottenham Hotspur, fee undisclosed

Crumpy Gunt

Oh well, it was nice having a good centre back in our team. Shame he's going to Spurs but I hope he does well and gets into the French squad

He's declared for Cameroon.. I hope he fails miserably of course.. f*** Spurs

Aye, forgot about that. Still hope he has a good career, good luck to him

Guest Roger Kint

He won't sign till after the weekend so he completes 1 of his 2 game suspension!

I thought that, he's a sly old fox baggy face

Erm how? Aside from saving 2 days pay what does it acheive? He is unavailable regardless so when he signs is irrelevant isnt it?

Bassong suspended for WBA means one games less suspended for Spurs, ie none

And? Either way he is unavailable for Spurs first game so when they buy him makes no difference at all aside from a few days pay. If anything its a few days less training for him to have.

He won't sign till after the weekend so he completes 1 of his 2 game suspension!

Erm how? Aside from saving 2 days pay what does it acheive? He is unavailable regardless so when he signs is irrelevant isnt it?

And? Either way he is unavailable for Spurs first game so when they buy him makes no difference at all aside from a few days pay. If anything its a few days less training for him to have.

Why is he unavailable anyway?

We kick off a week earlier than the PL.

Guest Roger Kint

We kick off a week earlier than the PL.

:doh: ;D

Oh well, it was nice having a good centre back in our team. Shame he's going to Spurs but I hope he does well and gets into the French squad

I hope he gets his hattrick.

i despise that droopy faced cu'nt

better be over 10mil just cos its f***ing spurs

:thdn:

:lol:

So the bid's been lowered?

Maybe but the previous bid may have been 4 million now 2 million if they got in Europe, 1 million spread over 1 million payments stuff like that lol My guess is any offer now will be the full amount upfront.

I think you're on the right lines, Levy doesn't do deals without add-ons and clauses.  I was told the offer was £5m plus add-ons that still left it short of £10m.  Whether it's been increased or changed I have no idea.

If and when it gets completed, details will be reported to the Stock Exchange.  If it's not reported, we'll at least know that it was less than £10m.

If you were told it (itk-tastic) it must be true then... :laugh:

Maybe but the previous bid may have been 4 million now 2 million if they got in Europe, 1 million spread over 1 million payments stuff like that lol My guess is any offer now will be the full amount upfront.

I think you're on the right lines, Levy doesn't do deals without add-ons and clauses.  I was told the offer was £5m plus add-ons that still left it short of £10m.  Whether it's been increased or changed I have no idea.

If and when it gets completed, details will be reported to the Stock Exchange.  If it's not reported, we'll at least know that it was less than £10m.

Upfront or in total? I don't know how this works. If there fee were £6m with the potential (but not guaranteed) to rise to £10.5m would that have to be reported?

Great bit of business always thought this lad was a bit rash his red card against Fulham proved that..and thnk the lad is getting above his station he looked good but only because he was the best centre half amongst shite, you got to remember his last 2 clubs have been relegated while he was at centre half US and METZ

More worrying is the amount of money we are clawing in from transfers that is semming to be swallowed up and not re invested in any way

Milner,nzogbia,given,martins,bassong....yet nowt spent

He's by no means the finished article. I think Spurs are taking a bit of a chance spunking £8m+ on him.

See ya Seb. You can mince off into the sunset like the rest of your countrymen have over the years.

Guest The Libertine

our best defender since woodgate. still though, the bigger picture is a scary one and £8million helps greatly.

Upfront or in total? I don't know how this works. If there fee were £6m with the potential (but not guaranteed) to rise to £10.5m would that have to be reported?

If it has the potential to rise to £10.5m it has to be reported to the Stock Exchange.  I was told it was £5m rising to a maximum of £8m depending on a) Number of appearances and b) Qualifying for Europe. 

As I said before, I don't know if it has changed but from what Sky as saying, it looks as though it won't get reported to th Stock Exchange for us to find out.

Great bit of business always thought this lad was a bit rash his red card against Fulham proved that..and thnk the lad is getting above his station he looked good but only because he was the best centre half amongst shite, you got to remember his last 2 clubs have been relegated while he was at centre half US and METZ

More worrying is the amount of money we are clawing in from transfers that is semming to be swallowed up and not re invested in any way

Milner,nzogbia,given,martins,bassong....yet nowt spent

Kevin Nolan £4m.

£8m is a very good deal for Spurs. When you think of the money spent on CB's who have proved fuck all in the premier (think Coloccini/ Boumsong etc)

EDIT: As Mowen has pointed out, that wheezing fat bastard Nolan cost us £4m