The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Vermaelen is fucking awesome at scoring goals.

Is anyone sure he can defend? Scoring from 25 yards against shit like Wigan and Blackburn is all well and good but I'm not sure on him defensively. Theres a photo of Man City's tactic board from their game v Arsenal and one of the tactics was to focus on drawing Vermaelen out of position because he has a tendency to go wandering. Seemed to work looking at the scoreline. Didn't see the game tbf.

I, obviously, hope we win it, don't think we will, think we will be second to Chelsea.

Our squad is the strongest it has been for donkeys though!

Alumina, Fabianksi, Mannone

Sagna, Eboue

Clichy, Trarore, Gibbs

Vermaelen, Djourou(Quite rate the lad, crocked though)

Gallas, Senderos(ok), Silvestre(s***)

Denilson, No cover here, this is the worrying bit when both of these have played so well and it looks like Song is going to ACN.

Song,

Walcott, Rosicky, Fabregas, Arshavin, Nasri, Diaby(s***), Wilshere(Good Prospect), Merida(Good Prospect), Ramsey(Very impressive)

RvP, Bendtner, Vela, Eduardo, all very good options!

I think you still lack the grit to get stuck in nasty games like the one against ManU, and a real world class striker to complete your great midfield (Eduardo doesn't cut it, in my opinion). But would be happy if you won the thing instead of Chelsea or ManU (well, that means Cesc would probably stay though...)

Bellamy has had a great season, I did not see that coming at all. On top of all these players, they still have Robinho coming back by their next match or so also. If players like Bellamy and Ireland continue to play at this level, Man City will finish top 4 ahead of Liverpool for sure.

MON is starting to lose his plot, sooner or later the Villa fans will certainly turn on him and demand him leaving.

How so? The team is still certainly in the top 7, made a nice run for the CL last year. For a team without the resources of a Man City or top 4 team, they have done great, and still doing fine this year. They may not be challenging quite as strongly for the CL this year, but still clearly a European team. I don't see the fans turning on him at all.

So I'm sitting here watching this match and finding it hard to believe that someone who frequents this board has claimed Dunne is the worst defender in the premiership. Absolutely laughable really. Not to mention this same person has claimed Darren Bent was incapable of playing upfront with a strike partner and he could only play alone upfront ... I'm not even sure what that is supposed to mean.

Also, Milner is still unspeakably average. I mean seriously ... the guy is almost painful to watch the majority of the time.

So I'm sitting here watching this match and finding it hard to believe that someone who frequents this board has claimed Dunne is the worst defender in the premiership. Absolutely laughable really. Not to mention this same person has claimed Darren Bent was incapable of playing upfront with a strike partner and he could only play alone upfront ... I'm not even sure what that is supposed to mean.

Also, Milner is still unspeakably average. I mean seriously ... the guy is almost painful to watch the majority of the time.

Agree with all of that. Only thing I'd add is that Milner is EPL average. He hasn't risen to the next level of superstar winger like some hoped, but he's definitely still solidly the quality of a starter as a winger in the EPL.

Aye, at SJP I watch the former Trammre Rovers right back on the right wing & on the left I have cant cross, wont shoot Jonas.