The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Terry is one of the more unlikable athletes in the world.

You have to admit that he' brilliant though at his job.

Is he? I mean, he's good. But is he really brilliant? I can't really recall a match where I thought "They would be fucked if it weren't for Terry."

How can a ball deflect off a balloon?

There was one in a Sheff Utd/Man City cuptie a few years ago, there was loads of balloons on the pitch and the Sheff Utd lads' shot hit one of them and bobbled in. :lol:

BBC:

Amazing scenes at the Stadium of Light, where Darren Bent meets Andy Reid's cross with a shot that cannons off a stray balloon, past Pepe Reina, and into the net. The Liverpool players protest to referee Mike Jones, but the goal stands and Sunderland lead.

Awesome. :lol:

There was one in a Sheff Utd/Man City cuptie a few years ago, there was loads of balloons on the pitch and the Sheff Utd lads' shot hit one of them and bobbled in. :lol:

Commentators must have been reading your post. Just mentioned that.

Nearly right, it hit the balloon as Michael Ball was set to clear, bounced past his foot and was converted at the back post.

Would be funny if it wasn't them cunts.

Nearly right, it hit the balloon as Michael Ball was set to clear, bounced past his foot and was converted at the back post.

Would be funny if it wasn't them cunts.

Luton Shelton who scored, wasn't it? Determined to regain some respectability here after such a poor showing on that re-telling. :(