The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Funny how Barca are 3-1 up at half against a decent team and all the talk is about their lack of cohesion.

Well it would be when they had it perfect last season, and now its not. Results are results obviously, but they're not as good as last year, and Real have improved drastically.

Really? I haven't seen a drastic improvement.

He's been injured for a few weeks.  O0

What about the other 100 million pounds they spent? Not working out, then?

Pity Spain has such good options for the wings, otherwise I would fancy Pedro having a chance of making the World Cup. He still can if he keeps this goalscoring form all season though, 8 in 15 for a winger is silly.

Is Enrique even mentioned as a potential squad member? Capdevilla is weak. You'd think he would get a chance.

Not going to happen while playing in the Championship. I reckon he would be in the mix if Newcastle hadn't got relegated.

Hmmm....I just hope that's not reason he mentions when Atletico or someone sign him in January.

Funny how Barca are 3-1 up at half against a decent team and all the talk is about their lack of cohesion.

Well it would be when they had it perfect last season, and now its not. Results are results obviously, but they're not as good as last year, and Real have improved drastically.

Pity Spain has such good options for the wings, otherwise I would fancy Pedro having a chance of making the World Cup. He still can if he keeps this goalscoring form all season though, 8 in 15 for a winger is silly.

Is Enrique even mentioned as a potential squad member? Capdevilla is weak. You'd think he would get a chance.

Not going to happen while playing in the Championship. I reckon he would be in the mix if Newcastle hadn't got relegated.

Hmmm....I just hope that's not reason he mentions when Atletico or someone sign him in January.

Regarding that, there's that interview that he gave in Spain where he said there had been "interest in him but no formal offers" before the season started. They also asked him about Valencia/Atlètico/Villarreal etc... coming after him and he dodged the question with the usual "i only want to focus on Newcastle" talk.

Most amusing thing of the whole interview is that he said that Viduka was his favorite player at Newcastle.

He had great praise for the fans.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: They're 1 point behind Barca. This time last season the difference in class was far bigger. I dont think you can deny that Barca arent as good and Real have improved.

Madrid is winning 0-3 and the game is pretty much in the bag, but that doesn't stop Sergio Ramos to show his uncanny ability to get sent off.

In a less amusing note, something has struck Pellegrini in his face. That's the Vicente Calderón closed down, you idiot fan.

Guest firetotheworks

Madrid is winning 0-3 and the game is pretty much in the bag, but that doesn't stop Sergio Ramos to show his uncanny ability to get sent off.

I was just thinking the same.

Did you happen to see what was wrong with that manager there? Looked like he was getting some treatment for something.

Did you happen to see what was wrong with that manager there? Looked like he was getting some treatment for something.

Something hit him in the face, couldn't see what.

Something hit him in the face, couldn't see what.

Coverage over here said it was a stone.

Helguson puts Watford in front against Preston.

HEIDAR HEIDAR HEIDAR HELGUSON

fucking love this man.

Lansbury and Cleverley need sorting out for the rest of the season. We're nothing without them both.

Preston were shockingly bad, I was surprised.

I have to say, I really love how we play right now. We're playing good attractive football, with a young side, our youngsters mixed with Lansbury and Cleverley both of whom are immensely talented. To have the likes of Hodson, Bennett, Jenkins, Mariappa and Loach contributing loads, playing attractive football really makes me quite proud. I don't really care if we don't win every game, a young side will always be inconsistent, but it's far far more pleasing for me to have such a squad. I expect little from us, but we are doing incredibly well with hardly any resources. The players who aren't 'ours' (in terms of youth products (or that we can claim to be our youth products)) are extremely likeable as well, which is brilliant, Harley, Cowie and Graham never ever stop trying. It's brilliant to watch and they've all endeared themselves to the crowd. And we have Heidar back (for a while). This team is wonderful. I love it, even if we aren't the greatest, I'd rather have this than be QPR/Notts County/Man City -esque.  :aww: