The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've never heard one pundit say that we should take Owen to the World Cup...

MArk Lawrenson said it a mere 18 hours ago.

Linekar was very pc about it but i got the impression he wanted to disagree and say he wouldnt take him.

Lawrenson is a dickhead

He's probably mates with Owen too because of his Liverpool connections and the fact that both are utter bell ends.

Got to feel sorry for Tuncay. :lol:

Last week subbed after about 5 minutes of coming on, this week was about to come on for Fuller, he scores, and he doesn't come on. :lol:

Defoe can't offer to the team what Heskey does, though - they play totally different roles. Defoe's far better infront of goal, but we wouldn't retain possession - in the final third - nearly as well if it was him and Rooney upfront.

Defoe can't offer to the team what Heskey does, though - they play totally different roles. Defoe's far better infront of goal, but we wouldn't retain possession - in the final third - nearly as well if it was him and Rooney upfront.

Who gets the goals? It's just a waste of a position, saying Heskey brings out the best in Rooney, Rooney's a good player but isn't guaranteed to score the amount of goals needed to get anywhere in a tournament ie. 5+. Heskey has already proved he isn't capable of doing it.

Guest toonlass

Biggest chance for the Old Firm to be broken in a long time. Dundee United have one thing teams outside the OF have always lacked, strength in depth. Would be great to see them or Hibs win the league.

Why? Just so someone different wins? Could say the same about the Premiership tbh.

Yes, exactly why. It's long overdue for somebody else to win.

Sewelly, If Dundee United finish top or within 5 points of the top side in the SPL I will donate £50 to the charity of your choice, deal?

Biggest chance for the Old Firm to be broken in a long time. Dundee United have one thing teams outside the OF have always lacked, strength in depth. Would be great to see them or Hibs win the league.

Why? Just so someone different wins? Could say the same about the Premiership tbh.

Sewelly, If Dundee United finish top or within 5 points of the top side in the SPL I will donate £50 to the charity of your choice, deal?

Does this work both ways? I'm not that confident in Dundee United. :lol:

They probably wont win the league ultimately, but the Old Firm are definitely the worst they've been in a long time.

Guest toonlass

They probably wont win the league ultimately, but the Old Firm are definitely the worst they've been in a long time.

No, not both ways. If they finish top or within 5 points of top I will stand your charity £50. You don't lose owt if they don't. Ok?

No, not both ways. If they finish top or within 5 points of top I will stand your charity £50. You don't lose owt if they don't. Ok?

Why does he have to agree to it then? :lol:

Hopefully this might convince a few more people Defoe deserves a start for England just as much as Rooney does. Also that he should be miles ahead of Heskey in the pecking order, the bumming of whom I just despair at.

This is what Capello is doing well.  He's not picking the best players, he's making the best team, and that is far more important than making sure "big names" get minutes on the pitch in SA.

Hopefully this might convince a few more people Defoe deserves a start for England just as much as Rooney does. Also that he should be miles ahead of Heskey in the pecking order, the bumming of whom I just despair at.

This is what Capello is doing well.  He's not picking the best players, he's making the best team, and that is far more important than making sure "big names" get minutes on the pitch in SA.

Are you agreeing with me there? To me, the best team is the team best equipped to win the game and burdening Rooney with scoring all the goals by playing Heskey won't equip us very well imo.

Guest toonlass

Cos he gets to chose who the cash goes to.

It doesn't really matter either way. With that result Levein will have made the Scotland job as good as his, and Dundee Utd will appoint some idiot with no clue so any danger of success for them will whither away.

Are you agreeing with me there? To me, the best team is the team best equipped to win the game and burdening Rooney with scoring all the goals by playing Heskey won't equip us very well imo.

No I am not agreeing with you.  Having Heskey in the squad is much more useful than having Defoe in the squad.  Heskey offers much more and is a better foil for our other strikers.

Best 11 players does not equal best team. There's no chance in Defoe starting at the world cup if Rooney is fit. I'd put good money on it being Rooney with either Heskey, Crouch or Cole.

No I am not agreeing with you.  Having Heskey in the squad is much more useful than having Defoe in the squad.  Heskey offers much more and is a better foil for our other strikers.

No he doesn't and yes he might be better foil but then you're gambling that the other striker will come up with the goods in front of goal as Heskey's terrible in that department. Total waste of a position and a risk, bring him on as an extra striker if we're losing and need to go more direct maybe but i want two players capable of scoring up front please.