The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

What promised to be an epic day of football has once again failed to provide the entertainment it should have, still not bad like.

Get in Barca.

Really, really enjoyed that. Great to watch.

Enjoyed the second half.

Dont think that match has ever failed to deliver. Always a good watch. Not on the level of the 6-2 last season obviously, but still some absolutely beautiful football.

:lol:

Change your name to Drogba, and have a Drogba photo then. Put it where your mouth is. Probably your arse. ;)

Hilarious.

Ronaldo is the better striker and the best player i've ever seen.

Best goalscorer, yes. Best striker, maybe (others had more to their game, but I think I'd still have him in my lifetime starting XI). Best player absolutely not.

I don't see how Wenger can moan about Van Persie getting injured when he sold Adebayour, didn't replace him, and Van Persie has a clear track record for being injury-prone.  I realise they're different types of players but any fool could see this situation coming a mile off.

Change your name to Drogba, and have a Drogba photo then. Put it where your mouth is. Probably your arse. ;)

Hilarious.

Best goalscorer, yes. Best striker, maybe (others had more to their game, but I think I'd still have him in my lifetime starting XI). Best player absolutely not.

In his prime who came close?

Duh. Zidane, Maradona, Sócrates, Van Basten, Zico, Francescoli... players that I think were better at their prime than Ronaldo. But comparing players of different positions is tricky. Ronaldo has a case for better striker I have seen in my lifetime. I love Van Basten though.

Hilarious.

In his prime who came close?

Zidane was a better player.

The amount of fucking diving and rolling around in this Liverpool v Everton game reminds me of why I don't like football as much as I used to.  Get up you fucking cunts.

Aye, look at that from Lucas.  Fellaini didn't even touch him!

The amount of fucking diving and rolling around in this Liverpool v Everton game reminds me of why I don't like football as much as I used to.  Get up you fucking cunts.

Looked to be some bad tackles in that match, tbh. That Fellaini elbow looked deliberate to me, an all.

Well, i've not seen the others apart from Zidane. Which is why I said "Ronaldo is the better striker and the best player i've ever seen".

I'm 23 man, how on earth do you expect me to have seen Maradona, Sócrates, Van Basten, Zico and Francescoli for the love of god?

and Zidane? You're having a giraffe mate, Ronaldo in his prime could influence a game like Zidane could only dream of.

Well, i've not seen the others apart from Zidane. Which is why I said "Ronaldo is the better striker and the best player i've ever seen".

I'm 23 man, how on earth do you expect me to have seen Maradona, Sócrates, Van Basten, Zico and Francescoli for the love of god?

and Zidane? You're having a giraffe mate, Ronaldo in his prime could influence a game like Zidane could only dream of.

I'm a semi-old fart! Saw all those in the 80s... Francescoli is probably an underrated genius, he never playerd in a big European club apart from one season at Marseille, which I guess is why he doesn't make many people's lists (he was the one pulling the strings on that Uruguay side that piped Brazil and Argentina to the America Cup several times in the 80s, and got into several WCs). Van Basten was one of the most complete strikers I have ever seen, made his chances and took the others like nobody else. Pity he was so fragile... and Sócrates is one of the best midfielders I have ever seen. Anyway. Just one question. What time do you consider Ronaldo's prime? I consider the season he spent with us the best one he ever had. (I know he was good at PSV but I don't take the Dutch league much seriously anymore). When he was at Real he still was one of the best finishers out there, but he had lost that mobility an edge he had before.

Ronaldo is one of my favourite players of all time but it's practically impossible to separate him and Zidane (not least because they play different positions), to say one is so much better than the other is mental.

I don't know how you can say Ronaldo won 2002 himself but not the same about Zidane in France's 06 success.  Ronaldo had Rivaldo and Ronaldinho in amazing form backing him up, who did Zidane have?

The Real formation Pellegrini plays is useless, talk about square pegs in round holes. Why is Kaka anywhere near a sideline? He should be in the middle driving Madrid forward behind the striker. You should never have a one man team but you have to build the spine around certain players.

If i was Pellegrini i would go with this:

Casillas

Ramos  Pepe  Albiol  Arbeloa

Lass  Alonso

Ronaldo      Kaka      Marcelo?

Benzema/Higuain/Raul

He could even go with a diamond too, just move Ronaldo up further with the main striker and Kaka playing behind them. A good manager imo but doesn't seem to be too confident or in control.

The Real formation Pellegrini plays is useless, talk about square pegs in round holes. Why is Kaka anywhere near a sideline? He should be in the middle driving Madrid forward behind the striker. You should never have a one man team but you have to build the spine around certain players.

Casillas

Ramos   Pepe   Albiol   Arbeloa

Lass   Alonso

Ronaldo       Kaka      Marcelo?

Benzema/Higuain/Raul

He could even go with a diamond too, just move Ronaldo up further with the main striker and Kaka playing behind them. A good manager imo but doesn't seem to be too confident or in control.

Higuain absolutely has to play, he's the future of Madrid.

Casillas

Ramos   Pepe   Albiol   Arbeloa

Lass   Alonso

Ronaldo       Kaka      Marcelo?

Benzema/Higuain/Raul

Higuain absolutely has to play, he's the future of Madrid.

I like him a lot, i also like Benzema (the jury is out on him but he will do it imo). Pellegrini has so many options but he just fucks it up with his selections.