The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Rooney is having a good season, 14 goals in 19 appearances in the league but there is definitely something missing from Man United. They don't have that special striker up front, like Ronaldo or van Nistelrooy. Rooney will probably fizzle out second half in the season as he rarely has an extended period of goals.

Then you look at Valencia on the wing, isn't producing the goods, same for Obertan who although incredibly pacey lacks the quality that we are used to from Man United players.

I think they must be in great financial difficulty, big money from the Ronaldo sale but no real investment back into the team unless Real Madrid are paying £5m a year.

:mackems:

United are far from financial difficulty!

Why would Ferguson want to pay inflated prices for average players? Obertan and Valencia are going into the same pool as Nani and Tosic (i.e. the pacy, tricky yet horribly inconsistent wingers), one that Ronaldo used to dwell in during his first 18months at OT.

To be honst i kind of agree with what he was saying. Its impossible these days to predict how long is gona be added on, they seem to just make it up!

Totally agree with that. But I'm fairly confident there was no reason to have more than 5 minutes - that in itself seemed like more than enough.