The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

We did lose the majority of our good players though. It's not like we're playing with a Premiership squad. Only Jonas, Enrique, and Barton are a class above imo. Of those three Jonas is injured, Barton is injured/in jail/doesn't care/clinically insane, and Enrique hasn't settled down yet.

Only those are a class above?  How many other teams have players as good as Guthrie, Taylor, Carroll etc. etc.?  :dowie:

Just realised you probably just meant we lost Martins?  That was the problem right?  Who were the superstars who left?  Viduka, Owen?  Only Bassong was decent last season and Enrique was better than Beye.

I've actually been pretty surprised by how sh*t some of the teams in this league are. When we play this level of teams in cups how come we always seem to struggle to some extent, yet now we're down here they're all dump.

A few of us on here were saying after half an hour of the Boro v Sheff Utd match on the first Friday of the season how crap the level of two of the so-called best clubs in this league was. :lol:

We did lose the majority of our good players though. It's not like we're playing with a Premiership squad. Only Jonas, Enrique, and Barton are a class above imo. Of those three Jonas is injured, Barton is injured/in jail/doesn't care/clinically insane, and Enrique hasn't settled down yet.

Only those are a class above?  How many other teams have players as good as Guthrie, Taylor, Carroll etc. etc.?  :dowie:

Just realised you probably just meant we lost Martins?  That was the problem right?  Who were the superstars who left?  Viduka, Owen?  Only Bassong was decent last season and Enrique was better than Beye.

We lost Martins, Owen, Bassong, Beye, Duff, Viduka. These players are all far above the Championship level of football. Hell Beye and Bassong, Duff went to top seven teams and Martins and Owen are in the Champions League.

Honestly, I forgot Guthrie and he definitely is Premiership calibre. Taylor has never consistently played well at the top level, but he is definitely developing into a good player.

Do they hand out hooch when watford lose or something?

You don't know how inept we were, yet how many chances we created and missed. Coventry were there for the taking and we were shit. If we had Cathcart, Jenkins and Helguson playing, we would've won COMFORTABLY.

Do they hand out hooch when watford lose or something?

You don't know how inept we were, yet how many chances we created and missed. Coventry were there for the taking and we were s***. If we had Vidic, Ronaldo and Messi playing, we would've COMFORTBALY scraped a point.

fyp

how long ppl think southgate's got at boro?  3 weeks i think

Nah he's had a good start really, people tipping them for bouncebackability was always going to put the pressure on, and he's far from out of the race now. He's only 2 wins off top spot and one behind WBA. They'd need to slip to about 8th before we saw him asking Pizza Hut for work.

Guest neesy111

Nah he's had a good start really, people tipping them for bouncebackability was always going to put the pressure on, and he's far from out of the race now. He's only 2 wins off top spot and one behind WBA. They'd need to slip to about 8th before we saw him asking Pizza Hut for work.

i think one of the condition's he kept the job (as they should never have been relegated with that squad like us) was because he would take them back-up with quite ease

i think the fans already know what they want after the consistant booing and from 5 league games at home they've only taken 7 points

that won't be good enough imo for them

they maybe 2 wins away from promotion, but after tomorrow hopefully they could be 7 points behind us, after only 10 games, that's a massive margin considering we're only less than 1/4 the way through the season

Guest Haris Vuckic

Southgate is going nowhere.

He's doing a good job and this league is backwards as fuck.

Expect a team to take points from St.James Park unexpectedly because it's bound to happen.

It's hardly like we controlled Leicester ourselves and they could have took something.

i think one of the condition's he kept the job (as they should never have been relegated with that squad like us) was because he would take them back-up with quite ease

i think the fans already know what they want after the consistant booing and from 5 league games at home they've only taken 7 points

that won't be good enough imo for them

they maybe 2 wins away from promotion, but after tomorrow hopefully they could be 7 points behind us, after only 10 games, that's a massive margin considering we're only less than 1/4 the way through the season

That's very true, and I believe I said, people are really over-rating Boro's chances. It was said from the moment they went down as with us, big players would have to leave, I think personally by holding onto Tuncay and Robert Huth as long as they did they actually did themselves damage. They became very reliant on Tuncay early on to get them goals, and Huth was as you would expect solid at the back. In St Ledger and Folan I really don't see adequete replacements, especially when you consider that Folan has just torn a muscle so faces a good spell out.

I really expected them to blood more youngsters in this league. They have used Johnson to good results and Rhys Williams, but if they weren't going to spend or bring players in they must have thought the kids were suffice. Of those they brought in Yeates looks incredibly poor, and Coyne I can't say I've seen much of. Lita looks a good signing, possibly better than the free striker we signed.

But our strength has come from the loans and the general strength we had after the fire sale. Simpson is a good young player who will want to impress knowing he is in the final year of his contract. Zurab is a bit of quality also with a point to prove, and of course Harewood is much the same.

I mean as Haris says Leicester aren't that terrible, they controlled posession here, but they really never came close to scoring if we are really honest. The 5-0 against West Brom is more worrying really, yes we were lucky to come away with a draw, but by the same amount we also had chances of our own and caused them problems. Boro's defeat has clearly demoralized some of their players and they will play Reading away next, which will not be an easy game after they won away to Preston.

From what I have seen around the Championship, I can conclude that this league really boils down to finishing.  We're going to get as many chances as a lot of other teams, but it will come down to if our squad/players can finish or not.  We have had a few instances already this season where if we were against better opposition, we would've been in a far different situation - what it boils down to is the fact that a lot of strikers at this level cannot finish.  That is why there are so many strikers of the Chopra/Nugent/Doyle/Kitson/Marewood/et. al level floating around - this is the league for strikers that live between the Championship and Premiership who have a knack for putting away chances - especially the ones that they don't normally get at the Premiership level.

BBC has an amazing ability to pick awful, awful photos of players/managers...

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46468000/jpg/_46468263_benitez.jpg

One of those 'Shit, i've just farted and followed through' photos.

I can't wait until you lose to Blackpool or some other s*** team, we'll see how 'piss-poor' and how much of a 'joke' this league is then. Oh...

JOKE, don't kill me kthxplz

It is an rubbish league though.  People say it's tough but it really isn't, it just seems that way because all teams are equally crap.  :lol:  We came down with  what should've been a decent PL squad (and probably would have stayed up with Kinnear in all season) and kept most of it together, so we should walk this league, as we are (kinda) doing at the mo'.

an rubbish league lololololololol.

you should be in grammar blue square conference south

bcos i cnt fault da rest of da post cus its true nd u shdunt gon down

It IS a poor league.

If it wasn't teams being promoted wouldn't need heavy strengthening to just struggle in the Prem

We are hardly a fab team, then despite all our problems, we're doing unexpectedly well.

That doesn't say a lot for the Championship.

And as for Blackpool, don't be so bloody stupid.

Burnley have beaten all the top sides in the league cup last year, and Prem this.

Does that mean Burnley will be pushing for the Prem crown ? Course not.

There will always be surprising results. That was a sh*t performance, Blackpool were up for it, we weren't.

Barnsley beat WBA last night. Do you want to bet who'll finish higher of those two, though ?