The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Newcastle scout Norman Wooster is at Rosenborg's match today alongside Tottenham scout Bryan King. I know nothing of who they're watching, if they're watching anyone. But it's rather obvious to jump to the conclusion it's the dude Dave hates, Skjelbred.

Has anyone else stood out for Rosenberg, who might have attracted visiting scouts?

Newcastle scout Norman Wooster is at Rosenborg's match today alongside Tottenham scout Bryan King. I know nothing of who they're watching, if they're watching anyone. But it's rather obvious to jump to the conclusion it's the dude Dave hates, Skjelbred.

Has anyone else stood out for Rosenberg, who might have attracted visiting scouts?

Anthony Annan is the only one that comes to mind now that Alexander Tettey has been sold. Cristian Bolanòs for the opposing team, Start, had a great start to the season but has been less good for the latter part of the season. They have a young striker who's been on fire lately though, Mads Stokkelien. But I'd not think he'd attract scouts, yet.

So I'd say either Skjelbred or Annan tbh. Wooster's been watching Rosenborg many times this season already, though.

I love it when we get linked (or our scouts watch) Scandinavian games. Pretty sure we had a Danish lad (Mensah?) on trial with us last year from Viborg, and I kept on checking their website for some updates on him

We were linked with Annan a while ago, were we not?

I can't recall, he's been on trial with Blackburn and linked with AC Milan, Arsenal and Spurs (Could be who King's watching?) in the past though. Don't think we've been linked in any other way than other Norwegians on here saying we should rather get him than Skjelbred. Which is silly, since one is a defensive midfielder whilst the other is an attacking one.

Skjelbred just had a fantastic assist, mind.

Carragher being found out? Please, he's having his first rough patch in what, 6 or 7 years? The guy is a pretty damn good defender and has shown it at absolutely every level of football.

He's never been a great defender, blatantly one of those whose assertiveness and influence in the dressing roomg goes along way to justifying selection. The fact that he's been their main defender for a while now is one of the reasons they've failed to win the title

3-4 meters from goals with the goalie out of balance and had a open area between the post and the goalie, should have been delt with better.

The ball was coming at him at 100mph, it was a "just put your foot towards the ball coming at you and try to aim towards goal and hope for the best" chance. Not a 100% :lol:

I'm impressed by that young lad's goals to game ratio you mentioned before for Start. 10 in 20 is good for a 19 year old

He's been a late sub in 7 of them as well.

Might be worth keeping an eye out for him

3-4 meters from goals with the goalie out of balance and had a open area between the post and the goalie, should have been delt with better.

The ball was coming at him at 100mph, it was a "just put your foot towards the ball coming at you and try to aim towards goal and hope for the best" chance. Not a 100% :lol:

100 mph? wow

make a laugh of it how much you want, it was a clear cut chance which he should have converted better.

The way I used 100mph is to describe that the ball was coming at him at a fast speed. Which is pretty easy to realize, since not many balls travel at 100mph.

Not to mention he was running towards the speeding ball as well, making it even harder to control a shot.

He's not a goalscorer though, I'll give you that, but saying that was a 100% chance is being a bit hard on the lad :lol: