The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Heneage

Kris, wtf were you on when you said that?  :lol:

5-0.

I based it on the 2-3 games I'd seen them in the league where they really had not been anywhere near the level they have been in this second half. I hold my hands up I called it wrong.

Guest kingdawson

BATE lead against AEK. Does us the world of good, despite this thrashing, 3 points above 3rd.

I'd like to see you stay in that competition for as long as possible (stops you doing much in the league).

BATE lead against AEK. Does us the world of good, despite this thrashing, 3 points above 3rd.

I'd like to see you stay in that competition for as long as possible (stops you doing much in the league).

Can't see us doing much in the league for another 3-4 weeks at least, KD. Until we get a few players back (Arteta and Jags), we'll be floating around mid-table.

Can't see us doing much in the league for another 3-4 weeks at least, KD. Until we get a few players back (Arteta and Jags), we'll be floating around mid-table.

I saw Everton - Stoke at Goodison a couple of weeks ago, wasn't very impressive... I don't get why Moyes played 4-5-1 against a defensive team like Stoke...

I saw Everton - Stoke at Goodison a couple of weeks ago, wasn't very impressive... I don't get why Moyes played 4-5-1 against a defensive team like Stoke...

Tactically, Moyes is questionable. He makes a fair few baffling substitutions. His man-management though generally appears to be impressive, and as such, a good team spirit develops.

I'm confident we'll improve as the season goes by, not too worried atm.

Re: the 4-5-1, it's the system that has worked for us for the past few years. It relies on the midfield having the better of the opposition's midfield however, and when the likes of Cahill don't support the striker, it becomes useless almost. I'd like to see a gradual change to 4-4-2 - but that raises the question of how we'd fit in 3 very good creative midfielders - Arteta, Pienaar and Bilyatedinov.

Looking at Everton this season, I think their battle will be with the likes of Sunderland & Stoke between 8th & 10th rather than the likes of Spurs & City above that.

I can see why you've made that assessment, but I'm quietly confident we'll get progressively better.