The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

We've been decimated but it doesn't excuse some of our defending recently. We need a performance to turn it around, and ffs we need players back asap.

King, Woodgate, Corluka, Lennon, Modric, Crouch , Defoe , Kranjcar and Gio all not playing (and 8 of them are probable starters). It was basically our reserve team.  If it wasn't for Keane and Pavlychenko being complete garbage, we could have scored much more.

In fairness your squad on paper is immense, you have about 22 players all of good quality, hence the bewilderment as to how you've struggled in the past few years.

The answer is: because they suck epic arse.

Joe Lewis got sent off against Blackburn last night. He'll be suspended for their game vs Barnsley... unless they appeal. I guess if they appeal it may delay it till our game if they're unsuccesful. Doubtful though.

4-0!!!!!  :mackems: :mackems:

What the hell is going on there then?

Madrid just don't look bothered. And it is certainly not a weak team.

Should we start a conspiracy thread perhaps? With Copa del Ray being played over two legs, yesterday was a prefect time for Real to lose against a div 3(?) team. The fact they used a few regular starters and so on, the odds must have been quite good. Maybe the shirt sale hasn't been as good as they first thought and needed an extra income to pay the wages? :)

People are already asking for the head of Pellegrini, with Marca's cover being "Go out!" today  :facepalm:

If it happens I think it would be their seventh sacked manager in 5 years.

Real are basically Newcastle, if Newcastle had a never-ending supply of funds. They are such a joke. They should have just kept Ramos and kept a little bit of stability to accompany all the changes in the playig staff. That would have made far too much sense though.

There was absolutely no chance that Pérez would have kept Ramos, as he wasn't his appointment. He is a big time egomaniac (Like Laporta, mind, although Laporta stays out of sporting matters) and wants everything about Madrid to be "his". He was forced to keep Del Bosque first time around since he was fresh of winning the CL, but jumped at the opportunity to sack him after winning 2 leagues and another CL for the club. Then again Calderón also sacked Capello after winning the league  :facepalm:

I blame their supporters, really. The Bernabéu crowd have a sense of entitlement (fueled by their media, to be honest, with all the talk about best football club in history blahblahblah) that will make them bring out the hankeys if they aren't winning 6-0 at half time playing stuff that would make 1970's Brazil look like a pub team and scoring league/CL doubles every year (the cup is beneath them, though). They just believe their own hype. They need to spend 5 trophyless years and playing the UEFA cup like we did recently to learn to get behind the team no matter what.

Mannone and Almunia(just come back from injury) fight it out for Premiership and Champions League. Fabianski and Szczesny for Carling Cup and almost undoubtedly Fabianski for FA Cup, again. (Or Almunia if he doesn't regain his place by then)

Edit: I really rate Insua, think he will be a very good player!

The second most attractive woman alive, Cheryl Cole.

Ashley Cole's Mrs.

Bendtner's decision making tonight has been awful when he should have shot, he tried and failed to pass it to Ramsey, when he should have crossed from a ridiculous angle he shoots!

Nasri really impresses me every time i watch him, his passing is incredible!

The second most attractive woman alive, Cheryl Cole.

Ashley Cole's Mrs.

Bendtner's decision making tonight has been awful when he should have shot, he tried and failed to pass it to Ramsey, when he should have crossed from a ridiculous angle he shoots!

:lol: What? Seriously now, you are joking, right? Who is supposed to be first then?

Mannone and Almunia(just come back from injury) fight it out for Premiership and Champions League. Fabianski and Szczesny for Carling Cup and almost undoubtedly Fabianski for FA Cup, again. (Or Almunia if he doesn't regain his place by then)

Edit: I really rate Insua, think he will be a very good player!

Rafa seems to trust him. He started against Man U.

Pretty sure we were linked to him in exchange for Taylor at some point.

Have to say Barcelona youth midfielders doing well for Arsenal is starting to slightly annoy me.

Fairplay to Barca for having the best team in world with locals in it but lets not kid anyone they are raiding 12 year olds from around the world no doubt they see it as part of there UNICEF deal.