The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Have to say Barcelona youth midfielders doing well for Arsenal is starting to slightly annoy me.

Fairplay to Barca for having the best team in world with locals in it but lets not kid anyone they are raiding 12 year olds from around the world no doubt they see it as part of there UNICEF deal.

Not slagging off Arsenal for getting them, just that I would haver preferred them to be here.

Have to say Barcelona youth midfielders doing well for Arsenal is starting to slightly annoy me.

Fairplay to Barca for having the best team in world with locals in it but lets not kid anyone they are raiding 12 year olds from around the world no doubt they see it as part of there UNICEF deal.

Not slagging off Arsenal for getting them, just that I would haver preferred them to be here.

I am sure once they have done there apprenticeship like Pique they will go home.

This (Arsenal vs Liverpool) has been a good match. Much less of the usual hype and cheating, lots of promising young players, some nice football played by both teams and a couple of great goals.

Guest neesy111

village idiot

so where do you originate from? what ur interest in newcastle then?

also, how close is Pellegrini to getting the sack?

Born in Barcelona, have lived in Madrid and New york for the past five years (celebrated a couple leagues and a CL while living in evil's den, sweet stuff). Now that I think of it Barcelona decided to usher in the golden age of the club as soon as I moved out of there, bastards.

My interest in Newcastle is pretty recent to be honest. Of course I know about Keegan's and Robson's eras, and I have seen you play, but didn't start to follow you until I came into this board when Sir Robson died, and I liked what I saw.

Pedro scored for Barcelona against Cultural, btw. 1-0.

Guest Heneage

I'm sure that would be funny if I knew who that was :lol:

Pilko's dad.

:lol:

Aquilani had a solid debut there, that overhead kick would have been some way to introduce yourself mind.

Guest neesy111

Born in Barcelona, have lived in Madrid and New york for the past five years (celebrated a couple leagues and a CL while living in evil's den, sweet stuff). Actually the bastards have decided to usher in the golden age of the club as soon as I moved out of there...

My interest in Newcastle is pretty recent to be honest. I came into this board when Sir Robson died, and I liked what I saw so I'm staying.

cool, so u follow english football much?

i've just been to barcelona, what a fantastic city it is, the best i've been to so far, as me & my friend follow barca quite closely, i probably watch them more on tele than i do newcastle

This (Arsenal vs Liverpool) has been a good match. Much less of the usual hype and cheating, lots of promising young players, some nice football played by both teams and a couple of great goals.

For once, David, we can agree. It was great stuff.

Kieron Gibbs impresses me every time I see him. This World Cup will probably be too soon for him, but he is sheer class. I quite liked the other full back as well, Gilbert.

Born in Barcelona, have lived in Madrid and New york for the past five years (celebrated a couple leagues and a CL while living in evil's den, sweet stuff). Actually the bastards have decided to usher in the golden age of the club as soon as I moved out of there...

My interest in Newcastle is pretty recent to be honest. I came into this board when Sir Robson died, and I liked what I saw so I'm staying.

i've just been to barcelona, what a fantastic city it is, the best i've been to so far, as me & my friend follow barca quite closely, i probably watch them more on tele than i do newcastle

Yes, I have always admired English football. The traditions in there, the quality of the support. It's when I scrub down the divisions and I see villages with 100-year old clubs dragging 10,000+ people to their league 2 games that I fall in awe with the depths the game reaches in your nation.  

Kieron Gibbs impresses me every time I see him. This World Cup will probably be too soon for him, but he is sheer class. I quite liked the other full back as well, Gilbert.

Ramsey for me is their stand out youngster, will be a cracking player in a few years.

Guest neesy111

Yes, I have always admired English football. The traditions in there, the quality of the support. It's when I scrub down the divisions and I see villages with 100-year old clubs dragging 10,000+ people to their league 2 games that I fall in awe with the depths the game reaches in your nation.  

yeah, if u look at the numbers that attend games on weekends, run's into around 5 million a massive amount

so what was the reaction to real's lost last nite? can't imagine it being good

yeah, if u look at the numbers that attend games on weekends, run's into around 5 million a massive amount

so what was the reaction to real's lost last nite? can't imagine it being good

Lots of kneejerking going around, but that club has gone mental these past years, burning through managers as I burn through chocolate cookies. Media and fans want the manager sacked already, and it's going to happen if they slip out in the next few games. As I said in another thread, the problem is that they believe their own hype, and the pressure on the players is absolutely silly, they were booing them at half time in their second? game of the season.

The problem is until they stop undermining their managers and stop treating them as the presidents' puppet and the guy that just rubberstamps their FM-tastic lineups they won't be going nowhere. There's a reason why Wegner,  Mourinho, etc... have refused to manage in that place.

Still, even though I'd love them to crash and burn this season, I'm pretty sure they'll be still up for it coming spring. Their players are just too good.

Gibbs is really good, unfortunately this World Cup imo is a year too soon for him (an Arsenal fan i know at Uni is sure he will be going) I've always really liked Gilbert but Arsene doesn't seem to! Been out on loan quite a bit failing to impress at most when he played for Arsenal first team (third time now i think) he has always looked good! The first two times were about 3 years ago!

Oh and Nasri was my MOTM not Ramsey (He was very good though)

Guest neesy111

Celtic beaten at home to Hearts.

Have the Old Firm clubs ever been this bad before?

yes when fergie was at aberdeen