The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Cracking finish from Hibbert tbh. Beat the keeper to it and smashed it into the roof of the net.

And yes, I realise we didn't deserve to win this game, but f*** it, a bit of rare fortune is very welcome.

Happy you won that. Hopefully that repulsive club can get relegated and we proceed to sign Collison from them.

Where would he play?

Neither Huddlestone or Jenas has cemented the cm spot alongside Palacios. I'm usually reluctant in giving youngsters lots of praise but Collison has looked superb whenever i've seen him. The kid looks like he has a bit of everything.

As for the Saha, RVP debate. I think a fully fit and on form Saha is capable of scoring more goals than an on form Rvp. I realise RVP is more a deep lying forward but i honestly think a fully fit and on form Saha is more effective in this league. Saha on his day is clinical and RVP has never been clinical but does offer more to the team than Saha does.

Cracking finish from Hibbert tbh. Beat the keeper to it and smashed it into the roof of the net.

And yes, I realise we didn't deserve to win this game, but f*** it, a bit of rare fortune is very welcome.

Happy you won that. Hopefully that repulsive club can get relegated and we proceed to sign Collison from them.

Where would he play?

Neither Huddlestone or Jenas has cemented the cm spot alongside Palacios. I'm usually reluctant in giving youngsters lots of praise but Collison has looked superb whenever i've seen him. The kid looks like he has a bit of everything.

As for the Saha, RVP debate. I think a fully fit and on form Saha is capable of scoring more goals than an on form Rvp. I realise RVP is more a deep lying forward but i honestly think a fully fit and on form Saha is more effective in this league. Saha on his day is clinical and RVP has never been clinical but does offer more to the team than Saha does.

Fair point about RVP. Not seen much of the premiership this season but has Collison started playing centrally for WHU? I know he has played well every time ive seen him i agree but its always being from an outside position with license to roam rather than as a standard central midfielder. Id want to see more of him there, which i too believe will be his best position, before id give such a firm opinion. From what ive seen he looks very much an Arsenal player, although i cant WHU selling unless he forces the issue/they need too

Biased as fuck man KD, embarrassing. Van Persie has been amazing for Arsenal this season.

Still not a true number 9 though. Different position, different argument although id say the same about Rooney.

Biased as f*** man KD, embarrassing. Van Persie has been amazing for Arsenal this season.

Still not a true number 9 though. Different position, different argument although id say the same about Rooney.

Completely irrelevant. He said 'more effective'.

Biased as f*** man KD, embarrassing. Van Persie has been amazing for Arsenal this season.

Completely irrelevant. He said 'more effective'.

Didnt see that, point still stands though, they´re not worth comparing, different type of player.

Warnock in the England squad and rightly so.

...and Tom Huddlestone, that kinda came out of left field.

Cahill from Bolton again in the squad, and still haven't got the cap.

When we sold Cahill I was absolutely gutted. I still think he will be a top, top player.

But yesterday against us, he was absolutely awful. The sort of performance which would have international managers running a mile.

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster (Manchester United), Robert Green (West Ham), Joe Hart (Manchester City).

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Manchester City), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), David Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Huddlestone, Jermaine Jenas (both Tottenham), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Aston Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City), Ashley Young (Aston Villa).

Strikers: Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe (both Tottenham), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

Heskey been dropped? :fwap:

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster (Manchester United), Robert Green (West Ham), Joe Hart (Manchester City).

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Manchester City), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), David Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Huddlestone, Jermaine Jenas (both Tottenham), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Aston Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City), Ashley Young (Aston Villa).

Strikers: Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe (both Tottenham), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

heskeys carrying an injury i think.

Warnock in the England squad and rightly so.

...and Tom Huddlestone, that kinda came out of left field.

Cahill from Bolton again in the squad, and still haven't got the cap.

When we sold Cahill I was absolutely gutted. I still think he will be a top, top player.

But yesterday against us, he was absolutely awful. The sort of performance which would have international managers running a mile.

I watch Bolton often  :blush:

He is a bit streaky, but has the potential to be a top defender. Experience will bring consistency. I think that in your game he was too obsessed to prove a point and took too many risks (sometimes he seemed to spend more time in your box than in Bolton's)

England squad:

heskeys carrying an injury i think.

Yes, fortunately Heskey is injured.

He is a bit streaky, but has the potential to be a top defender. Experience will bring consistency. I think that in your game he was too obsessed to prove a point and took too many risks (sometimes he seemed to spend more time in your box than in Bolton's)

He's very close to Villa still, tears in his eyes on the pitch after the match last season when the Holte End were singing "One Gary Cahill". I genuinely think it gets to him coming back (he was crap last season at our place, too).

I still think selling him is MON's biggest transfer mistake (well, except for Harewood, Knight, Davies, and Sidwell. And Carson).

Guest firetotheworks

Sounds spot on about Gary Cahill. I thought the same yesterday about it effecting him.

It happened to Aaron Hughes when he played against us.

Sounds spot on about Gary Cahill. I thought the same yesterday about it effecting him.

It happened to Aaron Hughes when he played against us.

See also Gareth Barry against us this season, and the same player at Birmingham City, whose fans - slightly bemusingly - booed him. I thought they'd have cheered him, but hey ho.

Any way, he definitely let it get to him against us.

Sidwell ain't bad, but he has that weird expression that seems to say "what the hell am I doing here" every time I see him.

Sidwell is rubbish.

I still don't really know what the fuck he actually does.

Hits the post with aplomb.