The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

1-0 Egypt. Amr Zaki.

Atmoshphere is rocking, going to be a looong night.

I want Algeria to win as I know bloke from there. The Egyptians only give 2000 tickets to Alegria, there was also a request to FIFA fro a ref from Europe to be in charge.

1-0 Egypt. Amr Zaki.

Atmoshphere is rocking, going to be a looong night.

I want Algeria to win as I know bloke from there. The Egyptians only give 2000 tickets to Alegria, there was also a request to FIFA fro a ref from Europe to be in charge.

Three Algerian players got injured by stones thrown from Egyptian fans as well.

You can see one of the injuries on this link: http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Algeria/photo//091113/photos_wl_africa_afp/447b080275c0ab6b7250f26d6f401264//s:/afp/20091113/wl_mideast_afp/fblwc2010afr2010egyalgviolence#photoViewer=/091113/photos_wl_africa_afp/447b080275c0ab6b7250f26d6f401264

The rivalry is really huge and largely can be violent between these North African teams.

Marca has updated the Spain - Argentina lineups:

Casillas

Ramos Piqué Puyol Capdevila

X. Alonso

Iniesta Xavi Cesc Silva

Villa

Messi Higuaín

Di María Mascherano Gago M. Rodríguez

Heinze Ansaldi De Michellis Coloccini

Romero

Del Bosque is doing something I'm afraid he would tempted to do at some point: cram all our shitload talented creative midfielders (Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc) in a single lineup. That's a pretty unbalanced side and I think we'd be beter off sacrificing at least one of them and use him as a supersub (I think Cesc is very fit to that role since he is the more direct player of the lot), and play somebody like Senna or even Busquets alongside them. But I guess a friendly is the best place to try it out.