The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Walcott showing once again why it's so hard to choose between him, Lennon and SWP, when they're all essentially the same player who are in form at different stages of the season.

Guest firetotheworks

I wish Drogba wasn't such a cheating c***, because he's a really good footballer.

It's a shame, it tends to be the very best of them that are too.

Ronaldo and Gerrard spring to mind.

Fabregas has shown today why he is, or should be, behind Xavi and Iniesta in the pecking order for Spain. Looks a better player threading through balls and scoring for fun against mid table teams, but isn't quite good enough to do that against a quality team. Maybe his teammates can be blamed, but he should be performing better.

Guest kingdawson

Walcott showing once again why it's so hard to choose between him, Lennon and SWP, when they're all essentially the same player who are in form at different stages of the season.

I honestly prefer lennon to both of them.

Chelsea will walk the league at this rate - they look impenetrable at the back and extremely potent going forward. I like how Ancelotti has got them playing also; they have the efficiency of Mourinho's side but are decent to watch as well. I only saw the second half but Arsenal looked out of their depth. Their defense has been suspect all season but they've had the goals going forward to compensate. Put them against an organised backline with pace and power up front and they offer little.

Guest firetotheworks

Fabregas has shown today why he is, or should be, behind Xavi and Iniesta in the pecking order for Spain. Looks a better player threading through balls and scoring for fun against mid table teams, but isn't quite good enough to do that against a quality team. Maybe his teammates can be blamed, but he should be performing better.

I think that's harsh. I would say Fabregas is definitely a big game player. We've seen him do it a few times, noticably against Man U at Old Trafford a couple of seasons ago. Definitely had an off game today though, but then did most of the team, including Arshavin, who is the only player fit to hold a torch to him in that team going forward.

Chelsea will walk the league at this rate - they look impenetrable at the back and extremely potent going forward. I like how Ancelotti has got them playing also; they have the efficiency of Mourinho's side but are decent to watch as well. I only saw the second half but Arsenal looked out of their depth. Their defense has been suspect all season but they've had the goals going forward to compensate. Put them against an organised backline with pace and power up front and they offer little.

I admit to having thought that Ancelotti would be a failure in England. Hats off for the way he is having Chelsea play, they are untouchable and don't think any side in Europe could beat them right now*

The ACN could hurt them for the CL if they get a trick tie, though, Drogba and Essien are immense this season.

*except Wigan