The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Brummie i specifically remember when we won it a couple of seasons ago, you downgraded the competition, informing me that no one cares about that competition anymore and it wasn't worth winning. I assume your opinion still stands if Villa win it?

Absolute fucking beauty, I will take Blackburn in the semi.

I've a long history with the League Cup going back to 1975. I love it when we win it, but act like it doesn't matter when we don't. Like all other supporters (that might answer your question, Village Idiot).

When we fluked past Cardiff, I said to my mate "we're going to win this". When we beat Sunlund on pens, I thought it even more.

I am now convinced we're going to win it, and certainly more so since Spurs got put out last night.

KD - see Niel's post above.

If we do win it this season, I wont be giving it large on here, though.

I'll be quite honest and point out that it is the least the club could do for the absolutely rotten, turgid football we've had to sit through since about February of last year, rather than some springboard to world domination.

Guest kingdawson

KD - see Niel's post above.

If we do win it this season, I wont be giving it large on here, though.

I'll be quite honest and point out that it is the least the club could do for the absolutely rotten, turgid football we've had to sit through since about February of last year, rather than some springboard to world domination.

I didn't give it large. You informed me that we spend money but don't win anything, to which i pointed out we won the Carling Cup. Any fan of any team outside the top 4 would do the same thing (you said it was small time).

KD. Once again, see above post which fully explains my hypocrisy re the league cup.

I'm saying I am hypocritical about it (as are all clubs when they win it), you're saying I was hypocritical about it. Im struggling to see the argument in there.

Portsmouth look awful.

Burnley playing some very nice stuff though. I like Steven Fletcher, he's a good link-up player but he really should score more goals.

Eagles is decent aswell.

There's a few other relegation candidates who i'd rather go down than Burnley.