The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

This is so cruel.

Yeh for us. Another game where we don't want to win.

I said it was cruel not in relation to Hibbert's recklessness, but I thought it was inevitable Defoe was going to score.

Your lot had every right to think 2 would have been enough, we looked hopeless 2nd half up until Saha's introduction.

Guest kingdawson

Since the Wigan game, we've missed chance after chance. It's just beyond pathetic now. I knew 100% Defoe would miss that pen (he always blasts them). 

The penalty save? I guess luck as in he could have gone either way, but as I said, Howard apparently was very confident as to where he would go.

At least the past week, despite long periods of not playing well, we've got some of the spirit back into the team. Hopefully we can push on from here with a comfortable victory at Stamford Bridge.

Guest firetotheworks

I dont understand Howard saying he knew where Defoe was going to go considering he dived to his right and saved with his legs as Defoe smashed it down the middle.

Well, he had the left/middle area of the goal covered. Yes, if Defoe had hammered it into the roof of the net, he wouldn't have saved it. Howard of course was relying on it not being Defoe's finest penalty - which it wasn't.

Am I the only one who really enjoys watching Spurs? Wish we could play like that. Defoe is really annoying, i'm certain that he's a quality player but sometimes he looks a bit indecisive and the next week he'll be completely the opposite and shoot everytime he gets the ball. Lennon has come on leaps and bounds as well, some great deliveries today.

Am I the only one who really enjoys watching Spurs? Wish we could play like that. Defoe is really annoying, i'm certain that he's a quality player but sometimes he looks a bit indecisive and the next week he'll be completely the opposite and shoot everytime he gets the ball. Lennon has come on leaps and bounds as well, some great deliveries today.

Same.

This is so cruel.

I said it was cruel not in relation to Hibbert's recklessness, but I thought it was inevitable Defoe was going to score.

Your lot had every right to think 2 would have been enough, we looked hopeless 2nd half up until Saha's introduction.

Saha's ten times the player Jo is, what the hell is Moyes playing at keeping Jo in the team?

This is so cruel.

Saha's ten times the player Jo is, what the hell is Moyes playing at keeping Jo in the team?

He's got a big enough injury list already...

Guest firetotheworks

Looking cracking for the world cup like, when Fat Frank and Defoe step up to take the inevitable penalty shoot out kicks...

You could say that same about Fabregas. But you wouldnt really, because you'd normally rely on him in that situation, as you would Lampard and Defoe really.