The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Tyldsley the other week when England played Brazil

'and knowing Wayne he'll look at Lucio to his side and think "we knocked you out of the Champions League last season.'

Fuck off you fucking plum.

Guest firetotheworks

Arsenal just don't look scary to me.

Yeah, I think without RVP they're missing a lot. He raises the rest of the teams game imo.

I wouldn't say he was particularly biased towards teams, but there's definitely something unsavoury about the way he refers to players like pals. 'We know JT wouldn't do that' and so on.

At least that's a valid claim. Doesn't bother me at all really, he's always been like that, I guess after all these years he knows the players inside out.

Maybe I'm a little more sensitive to this having experienced both English and French football commentating growing up. To this day French ones still can't manage NOT to all talk at the same time after a goal, sometimes even when there's three of them.

Tyler and Gray are the best commentary duo for me and always enjoy them being on. Times I've disagreed with Gray over the years have been very few, he has a common sense approach that should be needed at all levels of the game.

"... and Arsene is FURIOUS!"

*cut to shot of Arsene in one of those giant coats looking slightly miffed*

I don't think it's possible to convey a stronger negative emotion than miffed when you're wearing one of them.