The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

That was brilliant from Merida, control and composure.

Bolton do look a bit tidier under Coyle, they retain the ball better than under Megson. Quite unfair to judge this early though, and against a team such as Arsenal.

If Barcelona buy Fabregas we should ban village idiot. Would hate to see him leave England.

Saying that, Toure, Xavi, Iniesta, Keita etc do you really need him? Greedy bastards.

I think they probably want him to be Xavi's long term replacement. Not really necessary at the moment though, I get the feeling Xavi will be able to play at a high level well into his 30s.

i see can't believe ppl think arsenal have no chance of the title

Aye because it's the games against Bolton which really test a championship-winning team :thup:

They blow it too much in the big games, they just aren't a consideration for me - Chelsea or Man U are more consistent.

Why does Guardiola insist on playing Busquets, VI? I know he's still young and he's also local, but man oh man, his passing is not up to standard. Toure has been a rock in the DMC role and has to be played when he's back from the ANC.

Beats me, to be honest. He seems to have a lot of faith in him, which I don't really understand. I'd think of him as an adequate cover for Touré, but he really isn't solid enough to anchor our midfield, plus he seems to lose composure often (he is young so that's to be expected).

Regarding Cesc, he is thought as Xavi's successor. I reckon Xavi has a couple seasons at the absolute top and I can't really think of anybody better suited than Cesc, and we don't have anybody in our youth setup with that kind of promise. I don't necessarily think we need to sign him this season, mind, but I get the feeling Madrid will go for him this summer (where they would play him I don't know unless they bench Alonso, who doesn't deserve it) just to spite us.