The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Built like what? Jenas just wears a shirt a size too big.

You can have him back. I'm done defending him. I never kneejerk but when a guy gets owned by David fucking Jones, it's time to call it a day and stick to balai.

He has no heart. Against Leeds at the Lane he was getting owned by League 1 misfits and now he makes Wolves cm's look like they belong in the Barcelona squad.

Petr Cech is awful.

I guess you didn't see the game against Arsenal then?

Awful is the wrong word.

I have seen enough of him this season to see that he is a shadow of his former self.

Agreed. He is still a good keeper though, just not as good and not quite one of the worlds best.

Guest Heneage

Pretty impressed by Bendtnar  from the match of the day highlights (so not the greatest source) good thinking in helping set up arsenals goal  

I'm a Bendtner fanboy but tonight he was just average at best.

Pretty impressed by Bendtnar  from the match of the day highlights (so not the greatest source) good thinking in helping set up arsenals goal  

I watched most of the match, he was terrible. :lol:

aye. even at his best he's one of those "good bad players" (like crouch) who, even when they are effective, still look like shite.

I watched most of the match, he was terrible. :lol:

aye. even at his best he's one of those "good bad players" (like crouch) who, even when they are effective, still look like shite.

He's not the worst centre forward in the world, but he doesn't fit in with Arsenal's style, however hard he tries. I can't see that they were worse off in his absence.

Another interesting feature of the game was Arsenal's determination to keep going forward in search of a second goal, even with only a few minutes left. Andy Gray was criticising them for it, but it's clearly policy, and I don't think Wenger is wrong. How many times do you see a side fall back in defence so completely in that situation, that their goal is under constant siege. There's a risk in keeping going forward, but I often think there's a bigger risk in surrendering the initiative.