The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Shame. Well beaten though. Late goal in the home leg killed them, hard to get a result away at Lisbon.

It's not hard at all. This is their first win in 8 or something.

They are shit.

We've just rolled over and died like a gang of shithouses.

Spineless Surrender II

ON a mild Lisbon evening, there were sensational scenes as the playing staff of Everton Football Club simultaneously bent over and took a brutal penetration. As manager David Moyes barked useless orders from the sidelines, his team performed admirably in ther roles as waddling, lost penguins.

Particularly symbolic was the rumour that before kick-off, Moyes rallied his troops with a call-to-arms of, "I'm getting sick of these late Thursday nights and actually, this whole Europe lark altogether. Go out there and do me proud..."

More to follow.

Good to see Fulham doing well, that's an awesome result against a team like Shaktar.

Excellent work, Hodgson. Fulham are a decent club with a lovely little ground and nice fans, I would love to see them win the Europa League.

Makes you wonder exactly how shit Liverpool would have to be to not be the best side on Merseyside.

It certainly does make you wonder. In fact, you could go as far as to say that based on tonight's performance, they'd have to be very bad indeed.

Guest Geordiesned

Does anyone know if the Shildon v Whitley Bay match is still on? I know there was due to be a pitch inspection at 9.30 but can't find the results of it yet.

Does anyone know if the Shildon v Whitley Bay match is still on? I know there was due to be a pitch inspection at 9.30 but can't find the results of it yet.

It's on mate. According to that Twitter feed I sent you a few weeks back anyway.