The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Liverpool can forget 4th now. No chance they will finish above City AND Villa AND Spurs. All 3 of them have got games in hand on them.

Magic.  :frantic:

I wish I could rule them out with such ease. There's something about the twats that means they are still in with a good shout. By their standards, they haven't had many refereeing decisions lately. Gerrard's running out of time for Swan Lake Vol. 126.

They might finish above one of them, maybe even 2, but they won't finish above all of them.

Liverpool can forget 4th now. No chance they will finish above City AND Villa AND Spurs. All 3 of them have got games in hand on them.

Don't, just don't. Not yet...

I think Midds is right, the others all have the games in hand and Liverpool are still behind. Think it's a 3 way battle between Villa, Spuds and Man Shitty, I don't want any of those teams to get it, lol.

At the bottom, if only Hull and Wolves could win a bloody game or two, the mackems might be in real danger, unfortunately, their goal difference may save them.

Don't, just don't. Not yet...

I think Midds is right, the others all have the games in hand and Liverpool are still behind. Think it's a 3 way battle between Villa, Spuds and Man Shitty, I don't want any of those teams to get it, lol.

At the bottom, if only Hull and Wolves could win a bloody game or two, the mackems might be in real danger, unfortunately, their goal difference may save them.

On the upside, they do still have to play both Hull and Wolves away though. :)

Thought James McCarthy was very impressive, has a great engine for his age. Definitely worth a look if we go up, would improve our midfield by no bounds.

What's he, 19?

He's been class considering his age every time I've seen him.

Yep, 19. I think he's got a massive future.

He was MOTM when we played them at their place about a month ago. Very promising player.

Still got Man United and Chelsea to play n all. Rest of their run in is fairly straight forward aside from Brum away.

Sunderland look like a side who can't buy a win at the moment.

Last year iirc they won once from February till the end of the season. However back then they had gone on a good run beforehand and had a big enough gap to defend.

I keep thinking, along with most, that they'll "pick up a couple of results here and there". But when does that mentality stop and an actual real onset of relegation become apparent? They've failed to beat Fulham, Wigan and Stoke at home, and their away form speaks for itself. I guess a lot will be revealed tomorrow night.

Guest kingdawson

A question for the 2 Everton lads on here. If Everton realistically had no chance of getting 4th spot, who would you want/prefer to get it?

Still got Man United and Chelsea to play n all. Rest of their run in is fairly straight forward aside from Brum away.

Last year iirc they won once from February till the end of the season. However back then they had gone on a good run beforehand and had a big enough gap to defend.

I keep thinking, along with most, that they'll "pick up a couple of results here and there". But when does that mentality stop and an actual real onset of relegation become apparent? They've failed to beat Fulham, Wigan and Stoke at home, and their away form speaks for itself. I guess a lot will be revealed tomorrow night.

Was talking bout Liverpool but aye Sun'lun are shite. Bolton match is beyond massive for them. They're playing eerily similar to how we did last season. Eeking out draws to paper over the cracks and have nothing in midfield.

A question for the 2 Everton lads on here. If Everton realistically had no chance of getting 4th spot, who would you want/prefer to get it?

Obviously not Liverpool.

I also hate Citeh, even more so since they became the Michael Carroll of football clubs.

So either Spurs or Villa. Not really bothered. Probably Villa actually because I wouldn't have to hear about it as much from southern hacks.

Bold bit reminds me of something.

Spurs or Villa, no real preference as to who. Just as long as they actually got into the group stages proper.

:weep:

Aye, it's been said quite a bit I've found.  :sadnod:

But yeah, people say they have an easy-ish run-in but I mean, those 2 away games at Hull and Wolves - I sure as hell can't see them winning either of them, I don't know about others.

Aye, it's been said quite a bit I've found.  :sadnod:

But yeah, people say they have an easy-ish run-in but I mean, those 2 away games at Hull and Wolves - I sure as hell can't see them winning either of them, I don't know about others.

The gobshite mackems at work have gone very quiet over the last month or so. With us looking likely to go straight back up and them dropping like a stone they're genuinely worried that we're about to pass them.

This is now their worst nightmare. :)

Fantastic result for us, tonight.

Three points behind Liverpool with three games in hand. Four behind Man City with one game in hand. Four behind Spurs with two games in hand. All looking pretty tight.

And looking pretty unconvincing from all the teams in the mix, too.

Think its really helped City, Spurs, and Villa not being in Europe this season.

We actually were. Very, very briefly.

What isn't helping us is our growing fixture backlog.

You know what i mean man.

Think its really helped City, Spurs, and Villa not being in Europe this season.

We actually were. Very, very briefly.

What isn't helping us is our growing fixture backlog.

You know what i mean man.

Arr, I do.

I was just reflecting on the brevity of our participation this year. It was like when Hitchcock did all those cameos in his films. Blink and you miss it.

We were like Hitch as the man just missing the bus in North By Northwest

I was actually thinking before how knackered your squad would be if you were still in Europe now. O'Neill might actually have had to play fullbacks on occasion.

He'll never play dedicated full backs if he can shoe-horn his favourite players there. Cuellar's an excellent CB, but he's no RB.

Poor Luke Young. Poor Habib Beye (only a bit, mind *wink*)

I was actually thinking before how knackered your squad would be if you were still in Europe now. O'Neill might actually have had to play fullbacks on occasion.

He'll never play dedicated full backs if he can shoe-horn his favourite players there. Cuellar's an excellent CB, but he's no RB.

Poor Luke Young. Poor Habib Beye (only a bit, mind *wink*)

Cuellar offers nothing going forward like, solid enough at the back and i guess he's a danger at set-pieces but the few times i've watched the Villa recently attacks peter out badly when the balls come to him. I think its accentuated more when you play Downing RW with him more wanting to cut in on to his favoured left peg and Cuellar is left to fill the gap.