The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Arshavin's finger celebration is really annoying. Seems more interesting in saying "shush" to whoever than celebrating with his fans.

Aye, I'll forgive him though, because as a player I absolutely fucking love him.

Guest firetotheworks

and the most forced pun of the decade goes to Martin Tyler:

'From Russia...*thinks*....with glove!'

Tit.

I know it's very early on and I suppose this is a really obvious thing to say considering his record over the last few years, but Man Utd don't half miss Ronaldo. Not just his individual talents but how well he fitted into their system; they just don't seem the same dynamic threat without him.

Aye, they're still a very good team but he was that little spark that really put the fear into teams.

They look to lack pace tbh.

Ronaldo was usually their savior against the newly promoted / bottom half teams when they were tiring, he'd usually rip them to bits for the last 20 mins and they'd win the game with ease.

Very noticeable against Burnley, and to an extent Birmingham at OT.

Guest firetotheworks

Jamie Redknapp talking sense: Keeper should have saved it, should have been a penalty. The world has imploded.

Transition year for Man Utd unless Rooney steps it up more than a few notches. Valencia is very raw; he's only got one trick: pace. Giggs and Scholes are past it, Ferdinand is feeling the effects of seasons of 50+ matches and their attack is weak.

I'm not sure why Fergie didn't spend 60m on Ribery or match Aguero's transfer clause. They really look like they need someone that can pull defenders out of position and create something from nowhere.

As hardworking as Rooney is, it seems neither he nor Fergie knows where he's most effective and whether he should continue to track back and help out the defense as he's done in the past few seasons.

Guest firetotheworks

There can't be too many changes from the side that tore Arsenal a new one in the Champions League last year.

That lad, whats his name? Ronald Oh

I know it's very early on and I suppose this is a really obvious thing to say considering his record over the last few years, but Man Utd don't half miss Ronaldo. Not just his individual talents but how well he fitted into their system; they just don't seem the same dynamic threat without him.

You're spot on. I mean do they really think they'll get away with playing someone like Giggs in his place? :lol: His legs have well and truly gone. Watching him run before :lol:

Manchester United will not win the title with this team: FACT.