The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Is it just me hopeing for a Chelsea win tonight?, not that I like them, it's just I'd rather and English team wins the Champions League, and having as may as we can in the next round will increase the chances aswell. I'm also hopeing Barca go out (because their the only team I can see realisiticly beating the English teams) despite them being the Spanish team I look out for.

I would like Chelsea to go out, to be honest. Bit bored of English teams dominating the later stages.

Barca have won the thing just as much as English teams in the past five years and have been in the semis three years out of five. Your complaints aren't valid, man. :lol:

Guest Brummiemag

A typical cynical, cheating performance from a team managed by Mourinho. He hasn't changed.  For the first time in ages I actually want Chelsea to win a game

It is the knockout rounds of the Champions League. Cheating is the status quo. It is not just Mourinho.

That doesn't make it ok though. And he is one of the worst.

A typical cynical, cheating performance from a team managed by Mourinho. He hasn't changed.  For the first time in ages I actually want Chelsea to win a game

It is the knockout rounds of the Champions League. Cheating is the status quo. It is not just Mourinho.

That doesn't make it ok though. And he is one of the worst.

Haven't seen the first half.. why is it a "cheating" performance?

Is it just me hopeing for a Chelsea win tonight?, not that I like them, it's just I'd rather and English team wins the Champions League, and having as may as we can in the next round will increase the chances aswell. I'm also hopeing Barca go out (because their the only team I can see realisiticly beating the English teams) despite them being the Spanish team I look out for.

I would like Chelsea to go out, to be honest. Bit bored of English teams dominating the later stages.

Barca have won the thing just as much as English teams in the past five years and have been in the semis three years out of five. Your complaints aren't valid, man. :lol:

I was talking from a football fan perspective, independently of what happens with us. I want fresh faces in the later stages.

I'm sort of anti-English teams in the Champions League, solely because there's always so many left, which creates a higher chance of domestic ties, which I hate.  Also, I'm afraid the English teams are going to monopolize Europe if they get too good.

I like it when English teams win. Best league in the world, with the best players. Plus I'm english.  :aww:

I think I would support any English team in the final of the Champions League, apart from Liverpool, and Sunderland, but I doubt they are going to make a go of it any time soon.

I would support any Spanish team other than Real Madrid, it's only logical to wish non-odious teams of your nation well.

Hartlepool United Reserves are ahead at the break in this evening's game with Newcastle United at Victoria Park.

Newcastle's team contained Joey Barton but he was unable to prevent Michael Mackay giving Pools the lead on 16 minutes.

Mackay raced past the visiting defence and slotted home past Toon keeper Ole Soderberg. Ritchie Humphreys and Jonny Rowell went close for Pools while Newcastle's first half chances have been limited.

Colin Larkin doubled Pools lead on the stroke of half time when he stabbed home after a goalmouth scramble.

I think I would support any English team in the final of the Champions League, apart from Liverpool, and Sunderland, but I doubt they are going to make a go of it any time soon.

I would support any Spanish team other than Real Madrid, it's only logical to wish non-odious teams of your nation well.

Yup, had all of the non-odious teams in England had of gone out then I would be wishing Barca well.

Guest kingdawson

Score please Villa.

FYP

FINE, they'll only wish you get relegated again :shifty:

Oi, don't punich 1 fan by punishing the rest of us.

Hope Wigan win and i'll support you lot for a game (my support is like having a 12th man) :thup:.

Bah, Sevilla go 1-2 down. They need to score two now.

Really believed they could make the quarter finals. They haven't been the same ruthless team they were at the beginning of the season though.

Arn't Barca and Seville sort of rivals?