The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Rooney might just have won the title for them this year, but it's an exception. In the previous 3 seasons, Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra made equal or greater contributions.

I was on about this season. Just seems a bit weird you would call Chelseas point tally a miracle, despite them Drogba and Lampard playing regularly who you throw superlatives at on any giving oppurtunity. Whereas Man United, probably have the most ordinary side they have had in a long time and have suffered terrible luck with defensive injuries yet have collected more points.

Aye, I predicted ManU to be uber toss this year due to not replacing Tevez and Cronaldo (Owen, lol), but not only Rooney has stepped it up. The likes of Valencia, Park or Nani are having a great run since around January.

Darren Fletcher has been outstanding this season too. Really bosses the midfield for them. Wish he would start doing it for Scotland.

Aye, I predicted ManU to be uber toss this year due to not replacing Tevez and Cronaldo (Owen, lol), but not only Rooney has stepped it up. The likes of Valencia, Park or Nani are having a great run since around January.

Darren Fletcher has been outstanding this season too. Really bosses the midfield for them. Wish he would start doing it for Scotland.

Yes, him too.

Chelsea are starting to crumble now like. Despite Drogba, they dont seem to have the same cutting edge as Arsenal and Man utd do when going forward and at the back they've been shoddy for a good while. Combine this with them consistenly playing sub standard players such as Mikel and HasntgotaKalou is it any wonder they're falling apart and what looks from an outsider looking in a lack of team spirit and chemistry.  

The real question is, if they end the season with a league title, will they get rid of Ancelotti? That will be two so called worldclass managers in 2 seasons, where do they go from there? Abramovic is simply not pumping in the money he was a few year ago. The future dosent look too clever for Chelsea imo. And long may  Romans empire continue to fall apart.  

Valencia may not have been a direct replacement for Ronaldo as they are totally different players and the latter is an absolute class above, but signing Valencia has been a masterstroke imo. Valencia has contributed a big part to Rooney's immergence in his simple, effective wingplay providing crosses for Rooney. Man U haven't had natural width for ages and Ronaldo exiting has given them the shape to get the best out of Rooney.

Credit to Fletcher aswell though because he's turned into a really good player. Always saw him as a bit of an underrated grafting type midfielder but he's got some ability to go with it.

Any reason why Xavi and Iniesta aren't playing VI? Just being rested?

Seems a bit of a risk, it's not as if you're sailing away with the title.

Xavi's injuried. Iniesta is being rested I guess, he's been playing nonstop for a while. I know our midfield doesn't look as pristine without them, but should be enough to take care of Zaragoza. They are a very poor side.