Italian Serie A - 09/10

LucaAltieri

Started well, then Milito has taken over the show all the way together with Pandev.

But he is always in the build up of attacks and is just missing that last gear, it will come.

Good day today btw, Milan drew and Roma has a difficult game later tonight.

Always thought that Eto'o would have a hard time adjusting to the Calcio. Defences are too deep.

Beyond Sneijder Inter's midfielders all seem a little samey.

Muntari, Motta, Stankovic, Cambiasso, Zanetti and now Mariga all competent defensive mids but you only have Wesley to play the AM role. Don't you think Inter are going to need another top class technical midfielder if they want to have enough to challenge for the CL?

I think he will learn, even if he hasn't been crazy good he has shown his qualities with a bunch of goals and assists.

I`m starting to get more worried about Muntari though....... he has lost it

By the way, was Zlatan's finishing so erratic for you? I love the guy mind, but he has a somewhat annoying tendence of getting himself on awesome scoring positions and then fluff a shot that my 6-year old niece would stop. It seems to me that he always wants to place the shot instead of just powering it in.

I'll go and change his training in FM!  :snod:

Pretty strange that, because he has a shot beyond this world, still can't forget the goal against Chievo.

You should look for it on the tube or something, and then the goal in the CL against CSKA etc.

He has always smashed it, like the free kick against Viola last season, rocket

He has done some incredible shots for us too. The freekick against Zaragoza comes to mind, or how he almost broke the keeper's hands against Kiev, but inside the box he seems to abuse the low-power, placed shot thing.

Guest kingdawson

Muntari, Motta, Stankovic, Cambiasso, Zanetti and now Mariga all competent defensive mids but you only have Wesley to play the AM role. Don't you think Inter are going to need another top class technical midfielder if they want to have enough to challenge for the CL?

Muntari and Stankovic are dm's?

Guest Heneage

Oh, I'd like to report a robbery....

Seriously though, Roma march on, I still love how even from that close Vucinic was to goal he almost missed. :lol:

Stankovic has always been naturally an attacking midfielder, but in Mourinho's system I think he's played more often as one of 3 defensive minded midfielders. Muntari plays the same role at Inter aswell, but he's proving more and more that he just not Inter quality whatsoever anyway.

Anyway, neither of them are technically astute enough to take Inter to the next level. Without Sneijder they often look toothless in midfield.

Look at their team. In goal they have the arguably the best keeper on the planet, in defence they have Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Zanetti..all top class players, and upfront they now have Eto'o, Pandev and Milito - who have all been superb this season.

From what I can see the midfield is their 'lacking' area - it's just not dynamic enough.

Then again Mourinho won the Champions League playing with this system, so who am I to argue!

Guest kingdawson

Stankovic has always been naturally an attacking midfielder, but in Mourinho's system I think he's played more often as one of 3 defensive minded midfielders. Muntari plays the same role at Inter aswell, but he's proving more and more that he just not Inter quality whatsoever anyway.

Anyway, neither of them are technically astute enough to take Inter to the next level. Without Sneijder they often look toothless in midfield.

Look at their team. In goal they have the arguably the best keeper on the planet, in defence they have Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Zanetti..all top class players, and upfront they now have Eto'o, Pandev and Milito - who have all been superb this season.

From what I can see the midfield is their 'lacking' area - it's just not dynamic enough.

Then again Mourinho won the Champions League playing with this system, so who am I to argue!

If they really have resorted to playing Stankovic and especially Muntari dm then i agree with you 100%. No way would a team contesting the title get away with that in the premier league.

Guest Heneage

Mourinho's Porto had a much better midfield than Inter's now. You could argue Sneijder is the Deco, but I think the game's changed so much since then, that years final was really an underdog final too.

Roma has just robbed Viola  :lol:

My god, Fiorentina has run over Roma the whole f***ing game and then they let on in 10 minutes from the end, criminal

classic smash and grab victory.

Just looking at the table again and I didn't realise until now how far Lazio were down the table.

Was well impressed with Fiorentina against Roma. They play such an attractive passing game on a good pitch.

They were worse than gash against Palermo when I last saw them a few weeks ago but then again the pitch was worse than sunday league.

Guest Heneage

Every time i see Udinese they impress me. Cant believe they havent won away since May.

Should have got at least a draw with Milan tonight.

It's funny you mention Udinese and with the talk of Muntari before, I always found it surprisng people criticised his goals record like he'd been some sort of goal scoring midfielder, his biggest criticism at Udinese was the fact he had like 5-6 goals in nearly 100 games.

Guest Heneage

When will Milan replace Dida, he was s*** ages ago so why do they persist?

If Berlusconi wasn't in Politics they'd have replaced him by now, for all of his sex scandals Silvio has an eye for a player. I think now they prefer the marquee signings, those names on shirts players, so unless you can name me agoalie who sells shirts it's unlikely to happen.

This year is the first time I have watched the Italian football in ages due to me getting ESPN. This has probably been discussed before but can someone tell me how can the Italian clubs afford such quality players with such low attendances? I think that I am correct in saying that NUFC has a higher average attendance this season than the entire league bar Inter and possibly Napoli.

Cheers.