Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

If Barton is charged, it's as much Pedersen's fault as it is his own.

It's an extremely stupid thing for him to do, but if Pedersen doesn't go down in the fashion that he did, we're not sat talking about it now IMO.

:lol:

If Barton is charged, it's as much Pedersen's fault as it is his own.

It's an extremely stupid thing for him to do, but if Pedersen doesn't go down in the fashion that he did, we're not sat talking about it now IMO.

:lol:

It's seen as a 'slap' rather than a 'punch' if Pedersen doesn't react. He probably wouldn't even get banned.

Look, he clearly strikes Pedersen in the chest. The ball's not even in play, never mind elsewhere.

If the referee had seen it he'd have been sent off (and Coloccini was very lucky to stay on as well after raising his hands btw), it's as simple as that.

On Five Live just now they said that the FA are going to show the referee the video and see what action he would have taken if he saw it. It can't be anything other than a straight red card for violent conduct, which carries a three-match ban.

Whatever you think of Pedersen as a player or person, to suggest he's in any way to blame for this is farcical.

pederesen he was all smiles in the intervieuw, cheap basterd made more of it then it was,

plus is the fa said that de jong could not be punished afther the tackle on ben arfa cause the ref did not see it

so why should barton be punished, he was not shown a card.

pederesen he was all smiles in the intervieuw, cheap basterd made more of it then it was,

plus is the fa said that de jong could not be punished afther the tackle on ben arfa cause the ref did not see it

nope. in de jongs case the ref said he saw it and there was nothing wrong with it.

Spectacularly wrong.

Look, he clearly strikes Pedersen in the chest. The ball's not even in play, never mind elsewhere.

If the referee had seen it he'd have been sent off (and Coloccini was very lucky to stay on as well after raising his hands btw), it's as simple as that.

On Five Live just now they said that the FA are going to show the referee the video and see what action he would have taken if he saw it. It can't be anything other than a straight red card for violent conduct, which carries a three-match ban.

Whatever you think of Pedersen as a player or person, to suggest he's in any way to blame for this is farcical.

If that was in any way true, Pedersen wouldn't have reacted so dramatically - why would he throw himself to the ground if he thought it would have no effect on things whatsoever? He'd have ran straight to the ref and started complaining. But he didn't, he went down like a ton of bricks - something which made the incident look worse rather than better.

:clap:

Barton's mistake was being too obvious about it. Should have gone for the two-footed airborne leg-breaker and claimed he was going for the ball

I missed the incident last night - all I saw was Pedersen lying in a heap.  Having seen it this morning, I'd just like to echo what an idiot Barton was after a season where he has been superb.  As far as I can tell there was no provocation - and it was a proper punch, not a slap like people were suggesting.

For what is worth Pedersen did overreact, but thats Blackburn all over - for a team so physically strong they don't half go down and roll around like they've been shot.

Guest michaelfoster

exactly

What Barton did was stupid... and he deserves a ban. Any slating of him and over-the-top reporting is nonsense beyond that.

There were also violent incidents involving Henry of Wolves and Fellaini of Everton, both players with a worse on-pitch record than Barton, that will no doubt receive virtually no column inches.

Regardless of the reaction to the punch, there was absolutely no reason whatsoever for Barton to do it.  None.  it was not part of the action on the pitch, it was not an accidental clash, there is no reason for it.  Coming from a guy who knows he's going to be under scrutiny, a guy who claims to have been a changed man after his scrapes of the past, it's even more phenomenally stupid. 

He will have deprived his side of a key midfielder for 3 games for no reason at all.  That is inexcusable.  It should anger Hughton to no end - knowing how much he's tried to defend Joey to the press, Joey's still gone out and done something violent, unnecessary, and brainless.

Guest Ridzuan

I dont know what to think of the guy after the incident. I thought he has really changed for good! He has been absolutely brilliant for us this season, so to do something like what he did was unacceptable, whatever his justification is. It was a stupid act & he was really fortunate to get away with it. But if the reports about the FA reviewing the footage is true, which might result in some sort of punishment for him, then I think it is unfair. The match is over. The referee didnt spot it, so why is there a need to review it?

I dont know what to think of the guy after the incident. I thought he has really changed for good! He has been absolutely brilliant for us this season, so to do something like what he did was unacceptable, whatever his justification is. It was a stupid act & he was really fortunate to get away with it. But if the reports about the FA reviewing the footage is true, which might result in some sort of punishment for him, then I think it is unfair. The match is over. The referee didnt spot it, so why is there a need to review it?

they have announced they are charging him

He deserves to be charged, this will do us harm.. Hughton wanting a contract and its tough enough without having  to prove he can control him.

We get enough bad press, him doing this kind of shit is the very last thing we need, he has found form BUT I would not be gutted to see him go IF he was replaced and not by some Championship shite.

If Gosling can show and fore fill his potential then bye bye Joey for me.