Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Aye. What am I thinking?! He's got nothing on Nolan, Guthrie and Smith...

they aren't headcases with overinflated senses of their own self worth, he is

If those are the options, I'll take overinflated senses of their own self worth please.

What am I thinking?! He's got nothing on Nolan, Guthrie and Smith...

He has nothing on Barton,  Nolan or Tiote & I dont think he plays on the left, we have already seen he wont settle for being a squad player.

Did I say he did?

Aye. What am I thinking?! He's got nothing on Nolan, Guthrie and Smith...

they aren't headcases with overinflated senses of their own self worth, he is

Yeah, i'm sure Guthrie and Smith are well aware of their limited ability.

He has nothing on Barton,  Nolan or Tiote & I dont think he plays on the left, we have already seen he wont settle for being a squad player.

Did I say he did?

Whats that got to do with it? No one had mentioned Nolan, Guthrie or Smith until you :lol:

Did I say he did?

Whats that got to do with it? No one had mentioned Nolan, Guthrie or Smith until you :lol:

It's got everything to do with it considering you quoted my post :lol:

Did I say he did?

It's got everything to do with it considering you quoted my post :lol:

WOW!!! Call the cops. The point still stands though or do you not agree with it.

He's got nothing on Tiote or Barton, yes.

Has nowt on Big Kev as a goal threat if we use this season as a yard stick. Both of them have created zero goals, tbf Ireland has got 1 PL assist in 2010 against the woeful Portsmouth in Jan. If it was the Stephen Ireland of  2008/9 season I think anyone arguing or debating it would be insane as Ireland was awesome then but I reckon that player is only going to return in highlights now.

Guest Stephen927

Why potentially disrupt the good attitude in the dressing room for the sake of a player who has been out of form for so long?

What bothers me about this whole thing is the completely distorted sense of morality that society has.  Yes, Barton is a rabid animal at times.  But how much worse is it that John Terry's shady antics?  If anything, Barton in many ways is the anti-footballer.  He comes across as a humble but opinionated guy who often sees through the veil of the footballing culture.  I am not in any way justifying his flying off the handle at the drop of a hat.  But most footballers can get away with being spoiled pricks who can push the envelope a lot farther than the rest of us.  Barton to me seems like one of us (a very flawed man) who just happens to have massive talent at football.

I would not trade him for anybody, apart from a few players who are completely outside our sites anyway.

Guest palnese

And I still have people on here telling me that Ashley is working in the interest of our club.

Embrassing.

...and you believe the story just because Sky Sports say so?

And I still have people on here telling me that Ashley is working in the interest of our club.

Embrassing.

...and you believe the story just because Sky Sports say so?

Only time will tell. Nothing surprises with me as far as Ashley is concerned.

Barton's wages do not fit in with Mike Ashley's model for the club. He has been just as good, if not better than Coloccini this season. Will the likes of Coloccini, Enrique and Gutierrez be here this time next year?