Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest toonlass

I'm just laughing at the "disgraceful" comments. Joey Barton wasn't "disgraceful" today. De Jong breaking Ben Arfa's leg is disgraceful, Cattermole's record of late, dangerous challenges is disgraceful, Almunia's goalkeeping skills are disgraceful. Barton tried to hard today. Another day and he would have played a blinder.

You'd think he'd been sent off in the first minute.

The fact a interview has been translated this week shouldn't change the fact he's allowed to have an off day. But it has, clearly.

I'm just laughing at the "disgraceful" comments. Joey Barton wasn't "disgraceful" today. De Jong breaking Ben Arfa's leg is disgraceful, Cattermole's record of late, dangerous challenges is disgraceful, Almunia's goalkeeping skills are disgraceful. Barton tried to hard today. Another day and he would have played a blinder.

both spot on. :thup:

he despises people for exactly what he's just done.....being bigger than their performances and todays wasn't a 'captains performane'.

keep your gob shut and let your football do your talking.

May well of been poor today but it wasn't like he went hiding at any point which would be far worse. Nobody is going to be class every game and he is no exception. Its when he is shit for a few matches on the trot I'll start worrying.

Guest neesy111

I'd rather have Barton who puts in 4 or 5 good performances in every 6-7 games than Danny Guthrie for example who in 3 seasons hasn't put anything like a MOTM performance in unlike Barton last week.  Fact is we should not be expecting s big performance from him everygame and pp.'s criticism has axtually shown how important he is to us now.

May well of been poor today but it wasn't like he went hiding at any point which would be far worse. Nobody is going to be class every game and he is no exception. Its when he is s*** for a few matches on the trot I'll start worrying.

maybe should have hid for a bit istead of yelling fuck off  for what was a deliberate and obvious foul and letting that distract him from them scoring from the resulting free kick.

Guest neesy111

People honestly picking him apart because he complained about a free kick? :lol:

Madras has a go at Barton over giving the free-kick then is soo arrogant to the fact he blames Simpson and not taylor for the defending of it.  Double standards.

Guest neesy111

FWIW, the replay footage of the goal showed Taylor pointing at Collins and telling Simpson "I got him".

Yeah, you couldn't miss it.

People honestly picking him apart because he complained about a free kick? :lol:

Madras has a go at Barton over giving the free-kick then is soo arrogant to the fact he blames Simpson and not taylor for the defending of it.  Double standards.

i give you 100 days to find where i blame simpson.

even easier, i didn't so fuck off.

get used to him, ronaldo has his faves and hates and will defend them to the end, regardless of what actually happens.

I often manage to find affection for players who are consistently instrumental in us picking up points.

Fickle, I know.

get used to him, ronaldo has his faves and hates and will defend them to the end, regardless of what actually happens.

I often manage to find affection for players who are consistently instrumental in us picking up points.

Fickle, I know.

what about those instrumental in us losing points....he's done enough of that hasn't he ?

Guest neesy111

even easier, i didn't so fuck off.

Well, who are you blaming for the lack of marking around collins despite Steven Taylor saying 'I've got him' and pointing to collins for the marking for that free-kick?

even easier, i didn't so f*** off.

Well, who are you blaming for the lack of marking around collins despite Steven Taylor saying 'I've got him' and pointing to collins for the marking for that free-kick?

does he, some think he's saying "get him" to simpson. to be honest the way we defend from corners/free kicks nowt would surprise me.

even if it was his fault i wouldn't say he'd had a bad game overall as he didn't. the only players who had poor games today were colo,ranger (after 20) jonas.

Fickle, I know.

what about those instrumental in us losing points....he's done enough of that hasn't he ?

Not this season. Or last.

I presume you're going back to that despicable, horrific, career-ending tackle on Alonso.

Guest palnese

Fickle, I know.

I presume you're going back to that despicable, horrific, career-ending tackle on Alonso.

You said it wasn't even a free kick, if my memory serves me right.

does he, some think he's saying "get him" to simpson. to be honest the way we defend from corners/free kicks nowt would surprise me.

Regardless of what he was saying it shouldn't have needed saying anyway as they should all know who they're marking and where they need to be on set pieces.

Regardless of what he was saying it shouldn't have needed saying anyway as they should all know who they're marking and where they need to be on set pieces.

have you watched what happens at set pieces ? not just us but all clubs ?....you'd think it was so organised but its not. surprised me aswell.

have you watched what happens at set pieces ? not just us but all clubs ?....you'd think it was so organised but its not. surprised me aswell.

Doesn't surprise me but its what we should be aspiring too.

Fickle, I know.

You said it wasn't even a free kick, if my memory serves me right.

It certainly wasn't a red.