Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

The situation has arisen because of the Carroll sale. After that, none of the players can be sure that the club won't ship out the core of the squad, and are more apprehensive of it than they might have been if the Carroll sale hadn't happened. Nolan is in that core. He is without a doubt one of our most important players, at least  this season, and the players most likely view him as an important player for next season.

yeah, but everyone make it sound like we are the only club in the world that has sold a key player. Come on. It happens all the time. Of course you are aloud to debate it and questioning it, but it should make the whole squad want to leave.

The situation has arisen because of the Carroll sale. After that, none of the players can be sure that the club won't ship out the core of the squad, and are more apprehensive of it than they might have been if the Carroll sale hadn't happened. Nolan is in that core. He is without a doubt one of our most important players, at least  this season, and the players most likely view him as an important player for next season.

Like I said, Nolan's got two years left on his contract, and as far as I'm aware has been offered a new one. It might be that both Barton and Nolan feel they can get a better deal elsewhere in which case it's understandable if they don't sign new contracts and just sit out their current ones. I don't have any problem with that.

I'm not sure it's a sign they'd 'ship out' anyone. As far as I'm aware, they spent all of January saying Carroll wasn't for sale.

Both Nolan and Barton should think themselves lucky if they get new contracts. I doubt they could better them except by going to Qatar or somewhere like that.

Barton has only just started earning his money, and all indications are that Nolan will be totally immobile in about two years time.

Both Nolan and Barton should think themselves lucky if they get new contracts. I doubt they could better them except by going to Qatar or somewhere like that.

Barton has only just started earning his money, and all indications are that Nolan will be totally immobile in about two years time.

Barton, maybe, but Nolan - that's a ridiculous comment. He's been the most important person at the club, bar maybe one or two (Hughton/Carroll perhaps) during our revival of the last two years. Whether or not you like him as a footballer, if there's one player at the club who deserves a new contract, it's the current Captain.

Can't say for sure of course, but I imagine the emphasis is on making sure Nolan isn't left with one year on his deal next summer and gets sold instead of kept on. I wouldn't imagine the push is to whack a 50-100% payrise in there.

I'm sure Barton is actually happily accepting a wage reduction to stay here, the reason he hasn't signed sooner and is waiting on Nolan is due to the length being offered.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6951316,00.html

Skysports.com understands Newcastle will not be offering star midfielder Joey Barton a new contract at St James' Park.

Barton is entering the final 12 months of his contract at Newcastle this summer and the club were thought to be keen on agreeing an extension with the midfield dynamo.

However, after talks with the player's representatives Newcastle have decided not to offer a new deal to Barton and will allow the former Manchester City man see out his current contract.

Barton's agent, Willie McKay has confirmed Newcastle have decided not to offer the 28-year-old a new deal after holding talks with club officials over his future.

"I had a meeting with Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias and club secretary Lee Charnley and they have indicated Joey will not be offered a new contract," McKay told skysports.com.

"Joey will continue to be a Newcastle player next season and then he will leave on a free transfer at the end of his contract.

"Joey would have loved to have extended his stay at Newcastle, but unfortunately it is not to be.

"Joey has loved his time at Newcastle and nothing will change his commitment for the club next season.

"Obviously we will be monitoring the situation next January to try and find a new club for Joey as he can speak to clubs from abroad in January."

The news comes as a major surprise as Barton has been Newcastle's stand-out performer this season with a number of eye-catching displays and he was named the fans' player of the season this term.

News of Barton's availability is sure to alert a number of clubs at home and abroad with the likes of Hamburg and Olympiakos thought to be keeping tabs on his situation.

Liverpool and Aston Villa are also thought to be keen on Barton and news of his contract situation could see them step up their interest in the player this summer.

Guest johnson293

Once again, the club finds a way to kill any sort of optimism for the coming season, and piss on our chips!

Wasn't it days after the end of last season they released the statement about not spending much money??